Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cribbageboy

Affordable GPS

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for an affordable GPS ($300). I was looking at the Bushnell Onix 200, but all i have heard are bad reviews. Do you guys have any other suggestions???

confused.gif

Lowrance h2oc. Hands down.

Agreed, H2oC - works within in that budget. Other than a little bulky it should satisfy all your needs. I like mine.

Any of the Lorance units are awesome. I love mine.

I have a Lowrance H2Oc. I love it. I have the LakeMaster chip in it and that works like a charm for ice fishing. The only down side to it is that it eats batteries something fierce.

I also have a Garmin GPSMap 76 and an eTrex Legend. I really like both of those units too. They have a much longer battery life. The eTrex is a nice small unit for carrying around in the woods.

If you want something to use for fishing with map chips the LakeMaster chips are now available on MicroSD cards. They will work in the Garmin GPS's that have an "x" on the end of the model name (such as the GPSMap 76Cx).

Color units are nice but they tend to eat batteries faster.

I have a Lowrance IFinder pro, as far as I know its the same as the H2O but not color or water proof.. the IFinder pro is only water resistant... Quite a bit cheeper and doesnt eat batteries nearly as bad as the color units.. I love it...

The color units are hard to see in the sun for some reason.

H2o. Awsome unit. If you can swing it get the expedition. If not the H2o is fine. Get a chip. I recommend Lake Master. The map details are great for land and you get popular lake map detail.

I should also add, that 99 percent of it's use would be for Hunting, rather than fishing. Does the H2O come with topo maps and satelite imagery or no???

I know the Lakemaster chip shows swamps and drainage ditches that barely exist. Not sure what base map in H2o shows. If mainly for hunting I guess you have some product research to do for a decision. Good luck. Cant go wrong with Lowrance or Garmin products.

Lowrance also makes one for hunting its called the Huntc. Has topo maps as a base i believe and the lakemaster chips also work with these units. If you live near a Cabelas go check in the bargain cave, they constantly have H2Oc and Huntc there for a pretty good price.