Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
cribbageboy

Affordable GPS

cribbageboy    0
cribbageboy

I'm looking for an affordable GPS ($300). I was looking at the Bushnell Onix 200, but all i have heard are bad reviews. Do you guys have any other suggestions???

confused.gif

anyfishwilldo    0
anyfishwilldo

Lowrance h2oc. Hands down.

Harmonica Bear    0
Harmonica Bear

Agreed, H2oC - works within in that budget. Other than a little bulky it should satisfy all your needs. I like mine.

TrophyEyes    0
TrophyEyes

Any of the Lorance units are awesome. I love mine.

caseymcq    0
caseymcq

I have a Lowrance H2Oc. I love it. I have the LakeMaster chip in it and that works like a charm for ice fishing. The only down side to it is that it eats batteries something fierce.

I also have a Garmin GPSMap 76 and an eTrex Legend. I really like both of those units too. They have a much longer battery life. The eTrex is a nice small unit for carrying around in the woods.

If you want something to use for fishing with map chips the LakeMaster chips are now available on MicroSD cards. They will work in the Garmin GPS's that have an "x" on the end of the model name (such as the GPSMap 76Cx).

Color units are nice but they tend to eat batteries faster.

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

I have a Lowrance IFinder pro, as far as I know its the same as the H2O but not color or water proof.. the IFinder pro is only water resistant... Quite a bit cheeper and doesnt eat batteries nearly as bad as the color units.. I love it...

TrophyEyes    0
TrophyEyes

The color units are hard to see in the sun for some reason.

MikeYager - Suzuki    0
MikeYager - Suzuki

H2o. Awsome unit. If you can swing it get the expedition. If not the H2o is fine. Get a chip. I recommend Lake Master. The map details are great for land and you get popular lake map detail.

cribbageboy    0
cribbageboy

I should also add, that 99 percent of it's use would be for Hunting, rather than fishing. Does the H2O come with topo maps and satelite imagery or no???

MikeYager - Suzuki    0
MikeYager - Suzuki

I know the Lakemaster chip shows swamps and drainage ditches that barely exist. Not sure what base map in H2o shows. If mainly for hunting I guess you have some product research to do for a decision. Good luck. Cant go wrong with Lowrance or Garmin products.

ottertailhunter    0
ottertailhunter

Lowrance also makes one for hunting its called the Huntc. Has topo maps as a base i believe and the lakemaster chips also work with these units. If you live near a Cabelas go check in the bargain cave, they constantly have H2Oc and Huntc there for a pretty good price.