Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNmikew

Source for camo curtains in the metro area

14 posts in this topic

My online searches are only coming up with shower curtains. I need curtain panels for smaller windows, Mossy Oak or Advantage prefered. I'd rather find already made panels, I know nothing about sewing.

have you tried cabelas yet?

Quote:

My online searches are only coming up with shower curtains. I need curtain panels for smaller windows, Mossy Oak or Advantage prefered. I'd rather find already made panels, I know nothing about sewing.

Single? Or can't convince the wife that sewing curtains for the ice shack is important? grin.gif

I have found many sources on the internet that sell camo fabric in all the popular camo patterns. But then you'll have to figure out a way to sew them together.

Use camo drapes instead of camo curtains for your search on the internet. You will have better results.

Theres a difference between drapes and curtains? Wait a minute, you know the difference between drapes and curtains? blush.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

I think drapes are gathered with the hook and close & open with the sliding track via pulling a cord.

Curtains use a rod. The curtains would get threaded through the rod.

Maybe I got that backwards, I don't know.

Buy material twice width of your window the make your own.

Or you could go with the swag look and not even do any sewing. Use a big ring at each corner of the top of the window. Slide you camo threw both of rings and let hang.

Use a seer curtain for that layered look.

Worse thing that could happen is you have a bunch of camo for duck hunting.

This reminds me of a buddy that wanted a camo orange hunting suit but was too cheap to buy one. First he sewed orange pants and top and then added round blotches of green, black and brown. He looked like a clown. ROTFLMAO.

I'll try the camo drapes search, thanks. Cabelas only has shower curtains and curtain hardware. Man I didnt think this would be that difficult confused.gif

So you guys are telling me there are still wives out there that sew? grin.gif

Yes I'm looking for curtains not drapes. I want to use a plain rod not hooks. These are for the new deer shack, perhaps I should contact Ice Castle they have camo curtains.

If you go to Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics they have camo fabric you can buy by the yard. They may know of some people that sew by the hour of something, that is where I would start. I was in there looking for foam rubber to make a seat cushion and covered it in camo fabric and use it on the deer stand.

Aw heck, this will show my sensitive side wink.gif Go to Mills End Textile in Brooklyn Park (I think it is there, do a search) they have TONS of camo choices, good prices and helpful.

Then sew it yourself! It ain't rocket science smile.gif Actually, I worked as mosquito research biologist for about 5 years, and we would have to make our own traps, etc., some of them used humans as "bait" - so some traps were giant! You should have seen the ladies at JoAnn Fabric when a grizzly dirty looking young guy would go in and buy like 70 yards of bridal viel material! hahaha, that was what we used for mosquito trap netting, as you can't just goa nd buy mostquiot traps off the shelf wink.gif Hehe, it actually was kinda fun. I even sewed my own custom decoy bags once upon a time, but haven't touched a sewing machine in a few years now.

There... now you can send me back to the kitchen in bare feet wink.gif

Thanks for the tips. I'll give Mill end a try. I already tried Michaels and JoAnn but they only the generic camo. I'm looking for mossy oak or Advantage.

The place you want is "S R Harris Fabric Outlet". The have everything you can want. I was in there a few weeks ago and it is loaded with camo. Just so you dont get too lost it is in the NW corner of the store at the start of the last row.

Do the curtains match the drapes. wink.gif

Quote:

The place you want is "S R Harris Fabric Outlet". The have everything you can want. I was in there a few weeks ago and it is loaded with camo. Just so you dont get too lost it is in the NW corner of the store at the start of the last row.

I am sorry, that is actually the place I meant to say - the Mills End was one nearby to me and I got mixed up. Thanks RiverWader, that is an important correction. HARRIS is the place.