Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pickinupafew

Bait store hours for this coming weekend...

9 posts in this topic

After waiting all spring/summer, I can finally say I am less than a week away from a fall fishing trip.

I should be arriving in Ely between 12:00 and 1:00pm on Sunday, September 30th, and I am wondering if/what bait stores are open to purchase minnows? Also helpful to know would be the hours they are open.

Hopefully, I'll have a great report and photos to post when I get back.

Here are a few photos from last year's trip...

picture-1.jpg

picture-2.jpg

picture-4.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

Saaaweet pictures.

Great Outdoor bait/candle shop is the log siding shop on the left next to Mike's Liquor.

Thanks,

Judging from the responses, I am assuming most of the bait stores in Ely are closed this late in the season.

Will Great Outdoors bait shop be open on Sunday between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. ?

I went up later in October several years back and couldn't find a bait store open.

Had to go into Basswood with only plastics. Luckily, that trip turned out pretty good.

I really don't want to chance it this year, maybe I will have to look into getting bait further south if Great Outdoors isn't open when I come through town.

Thanks for responding though!

If your worried about the Ely shops not being open stop at the Lucky 7 in Virginia and get bait. Or if you go through Duluth stop at Fishermans Corner in Pike Lake next to the Holiday and grab some minnows. They will last to Ely no problem in a Oxy bag and kept cool.

Oh and dont forget the reef Runners are all $3.99 there now! laugh.gif

I can't help help you with the bait shops but I'll second what Frank said about the pictures smile.gif

Thanks for the Duluth options. I am going on this trip with my girlfriend and she hasn't seen the big lake yet. I was thinking about driving up to Ely via Duluth so she can check it out. Your suggestions might just work out nicely!

Thanks.

You can get your bait in Ely- That won't be a problem. Stop by and see Jim at The Great Outdoors. He will give you the most helpful advice on the lakes you are planning to visit.

Justin

pickinupafew,

We are open from 7-4 on Sundays.

I usually don't get out of there until about 4:30.

Thank you!! Those hours work for me just fine.