Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smilee_54

spinners

8 posts in this topic

hey guys I have a question for whoever knows the answer. I was fishing up in canada the the guys we were fishing with were using spinners with a steel line instead of mono. Is that something that I can buy like that or is it something that I would have to make thanks guys

I have a few of those. You can buy them, if you are fishing mainly for walleye and are trying to prevent the occasional break due to a snot rocket I'd stick with the regular ones and keep checking for nicks in the line. However if you are targeting the gators I think its a good idea to use the steel leaders. I think I picked mine up at cabelas. If I were to get some new ones now I would just make my own out of Spider Wire or Power Pro.

where we go in canda all there is is northrens and walleye so its a 50/50 chance of what you have on your line. I lost to many fish last year. I looked on the cabelas website but couldn't seem to find them. I have checked the local stores where I live and they don't stock them. I guess I will have to run down to cabelas one of these days

I'll check my tackle box, you can have the ones I have. I might have a couple. I am not 100% that I got them at cabelas it could have been fleet farm I spend lots of money there to....

I think I know exactly what you're talking about - a bunch of guys I know who fish Canada use them all the time. The ones they use are called, I believe, a Spin-O. They would be very easy to make if you can't find them.

Cabelas make some that are made with spider wire.

They are six footers if memory is right and I beleive 6 bucks for three.

Sifty

If looking to make your own, there's a few new "tieable" wire products out there now....names of which slip my mind at the moment. I bought some that's ultra-thin, and in 13lb test. This seems like a good option if you're also trying to fool eyes and using it with spinner rigs.

Joel

Tyger wire or something...the tie-able steel wire.