• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tackle Towels/Fishing Towels

Scott M

Question

So I was wondering about making my own towels, like the ones you see on boats and in fish houses. Would any old hardware store have the grommets and self-closing pins I need to make them? Also, I was wondering if anyone else had tried this.

3 answers to this question

The gromets can be found at Menards dont forget the set tools! get the kit,I have the kit bought more gromets and did'nt know they came in 3 sizes!Got wrong ones now I want another tool for the smaller gromets!!Dont know what pins you mentioned?? smile.gif

Just an fyi, I don't use towels like that in my boat. One reason is if you drive fast the wind whips them around and they flap and beat against the boat or your tackle bag -- the grommet rips out and the towel can possibly damage whatever it's whipping against. The other is my boat is fiberglass and I don't want to be wiping it down and rub the metal against it by accident (or against the motor hood, etc). Just something you might want to consider ........

The self closing pins you talk about are used to hang shower curtains. I use the towels as my boat doesn't go fast.

Finns.