Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chthomps

Woman Lake Walleyes

6 posts in this topic

I am going to be taking some friends fishing on Woman Lake this weekend. I normally fish Leech Lake but they grew up near Hackensack and want to fish Woman, and I am unfamiliar with where to fish for wallleyes on Woman but have heard it is a pretty good lake to fish in the fall. Any help as far as where to fish, best bait, etc. would be more than appreciated. After this weekend I will once again return to Leech Lake. Thank you.

i spoke with the owners at WLL (Woman Lake Lodge) and they said that fishing has been pretty good no specific spots they say thve been catching them everywhere but alot in the 14' class

How was Woman?

I am going to be near there this weekend to help a Buddy do some Fall Clean up. He has a boat and we may try to get on the water and fish for a few hours. Did you have any luck fishing? I see the weather is looking coller and some clouds for the weekend-May be the right recipe for some walleyes to start getting their winter "Coats" on!!

We did quite well. Got a few off of the drop between Gov Point and Horseshoe Island a couple on the west side of Horseshoe and a couple in front of the gold coast one being just shy of 7 pounds. We got most of our fish longlining redtails although we did get a couple with jigs and shiners. Got a mess of perch with shiners in close to government point

very nice!

i just got done reading the finding Minnesota fishing report on teh hackensack area and it says that the walleyes are biting like crazy out on woman and they said they have been biting everywhere!!!

So my grand parents have a house on the lake and i asked them if they have heard about this and they said yes the fish ARE biting! SOOO u know what that means... Im goin up this weekend!!!