• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wheres Barry Gonna Go?

zamboni

As you all know, the Giants have made it very clear to Mr Bonds he isn't needed there next season. Personally, I think he set the all-time homer record and the Giants have sold their tickets. Where does everyone think he'll end up? Yankees? Red Sox?

Quote:

Have to always put the Yankees and Red Sox on the lists

I already said that. Would you guys like him in a Twins uniform?

I would like to see his power and talent on the team, but not the rest of him! It wouldnt ever happen , not in the twins clubhouse!

I heard he was going to be the Vice President in charge of Research and Developement at BALCO! Perfect place for him.

Windy

Although the Twins need the power, they don't need another left handed batter. Money would be better spent on Torii. Consider this, even with Barry's baggage, he still was one of the top vote getters for the All Star Game. He is still popular and not just with the Giants fans.

Quote:

I hope he never plays again.

Guy has 50 home run potential still, hope all you want, in the AL as a DH, he still has 4-5 years left in him.

Zamboni,

All I can pray for is, NOT ON MY TEAM!

Once a turd, always a turd and Barry is one of the biggest.

He can take his 50 taters to the Yankees.

Windy

Quote:

Zamboni,

All I can pray for is, NOT ON MY TEAM!

Once a turd, always a turd and Barry is one of the biggest.

He can take his 50 taters to the Yankees.

Windy

I am sure thats where he will be. Yanks, Boston, Texas, Although I think he will fit in as a CWS pretty good also grin.gif

I see Gardy made a coment about the possibilities as bonds being the dh for the twins, saying he would make it work if he would come here. In the Trib

I would take Bonds on for the Twins. You get a guy like him and you find a way to make it work. However, we all know the Twins will not pony up the money to get him. I still say Detroit or Toronto. If worse comes to worse he will sign with a bad team like Tampa or KC just to get hid 3,000 hit and that team will dump him for prospects at the trade deadline.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Where's Bonds Gonna Go?

To Jail for perjury!

Sounds like they wouldn't be bringing these charges up against him and after so long if they didn't have some pretty good dirt. Sounds like he's dead in the water.

I have a hard time thinking he's going to jail, but his baseball career is over, along with any chance at the hall of fame.

Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose will be in the hall before Barry. Whether he is found guilty or not he's done.

He should probably go to a place of incarcination. People who have done far less have been there..

Quote:

He should probably go to a place of incarcination. People who have done far less have been there..

When I first read it, I thought you wrote "incineration." Either way, I agree.

All this asterick stuff is a big joke. Everybody that brings it up and thinks thats how it should be needs a wake up call. If you think Barry is a bad player because he may have used steroids you dont know too much about the game. What do steroids do for you. Make you stronger? Ok so he can hit the ball farther good for him. To be able to still hit the ball on those 95mph fastballs time after time, at his age still nonetheless is far better than most of us can do. I'm not gonna take anything away from Barry. He broke the record whether everybody likes it or not. He is one of the best players to play the game and he does not deserve an "asterik" like everybody thinks. In sports today steroids are a normal thing. Accept it. Even if its not allowed it will always be there. Have you read and heard about the numerous people that get suspended every year for it? Did you know a good majority of high school athletes are on steroids. Random testing was just made mandatory in Texas high school football. Do you want to just start handing asteriks out to everybody like stickers or what. Very disappointing to see so many people rag on a guy for something a good majority of the rest of the league is doing too. Give the guy a break and lose the asterik....all it is is a star...should it even really mean anything

Quote:

he does not deserve an "asterik"

The one thing you said that I can agree with. An asterisk would be too good for this *ssh*le.

Cheater. Plain & Simple.

Steroids are a "performance enhancing drug".

Performance Enhancing!

If he wasn't on 'roids at his age, he wouldn't be in that shape and able to perform the way he does.

The other thing to remember he isn't in trouble now for taking steroids, he's in trouble for lying to a grand jury under oath. Somewhere along the line he thought he was above the law and could get away with what he wanted to. Apparently that carried over to the court room which was a big no-no.

Somehow this is very commonplace now for today's professional athletes. They do whatever they want, and hire the best lawyers their overinflated salaries can afford to get them off. Its sick. frown.gif

his career is over for sure. I also think they waited till after the season to bring up this becuase of the great ratings that baseball had becuase of the record. baseball did not want to lose that. about roids making you better, only in the power area. roids will not help you see and hit the ball, and bonds had plenty of natural strength to hit homers. did it help him get more homers than he would have with out roids, no dought. that ball that barely made it over the wall becuase he did not get all of the ball.

if anyone should get into the hall of fame, pete rose deserves that. his betting after his playing career had nothing to do with his acheivements.

Hanson1287,

That could not be further from the truth! Just because something is popular or if "everybody is doing it", does not make it right (if Johnny jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge would you?). They are illegal, plain and simple, and as far as the "he still has to hit the ball" theory, that does not hold water either. Every major league player can "hit the ball" the juice that B*rry B*nds used help him add that extra 10 or 15 feet to his fly balls that would have landed in the right fielders mitt had he not "roided up". His head is the size of a beach ball man, and I am sure his "jewels" are the size of peanuts from all the roids he sniffed, injected, rubbed or whatever he did. Also you fail to realize that the huge reason that he is able to do this at his age was because of the roids. They help injuries heal much quicker and prevent other injuries from ever happening.

I hate to tell you this man, but I have a feeling that you are an "island" when it comes to B*rry B*nds. Not to mention the fact that the guy is a 100% grade A TURD. Did you know that he refused to sign a jersey for Ron Kittle who was doing a fund raiser for sick kids. Ron Kittle used to be a major league player and B*rry told him, "I don't sign for white people". He is a racist to boot!!!

Windy

Thanks SD,

Every now and then I have a reasonable thought running thru this insanity, LOL. Certain things are just for fun and then certain things are just right because they are right.

Windy

I would send him to KC -- and play for the Royals -- that is kinda like jail, right? Maybe work release and have him play in KC.

Ick.