Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mudflap

Anyone tried K9 Advantix for Tick Control?

9 posts in this topic

I see adds for this product in Pointing Dog Journal and think it has to be better the Frontline.

I applied Frontline 9/1 and another application on 9/14 in preparation of Grouse opener.Must dog was covered with Deer Ticks after the weekend and about 20 were attached.

I've spent a fortune over the last 8 tears due to tick illnesses. I hope this product works. I see it is a product of Bayer Healthcare.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I've asked a few vets that I know and they have always said they like Frontline better, but I'm sure there are vets that would say the opposite. As far as the ticks being stuck to your dog I would just leave them and let them fall off, with those doses of Frontline you put on you should not have anything to worry about. My neighbor is a vet and he says to just let them fall off from the Frontline.

I have used both of them. Frontline mostly but did do some Advantix this year too. I cannot tell the difference though. Maybe the ticks can. IF it keeps them from attaching then it has the advantage. If not then it is a horse a piece.

No matter what keep the vaccinations up to date. You can always give them a bath with tick shampoo when you get home too.

I tried the K-9 Advantix and liked the results. I have also tried the Biospot and had very good luck with that also. I ran this by my Vet first, and he said that it is a good product, just not as popular as frontline and K-9. The cost is a lot nicer, but that wasn't my main concern when I asked about it. I know there was talk about it in the past. Use what you feel comfortable with.

What do you use for a 9 week old?

Any of those? do they have pup formula? cause many don't they have to be over 6 months?

I know When I first took my pup to the vet he gave me a dose of K-9 for my pup.

ok i will call the vet here in ely..thanks for the info

I aplyed frontline just before i left and another thing that i did this year i sprayed my dog down with deepwoods off i covered his head and sprayed him down real good i hunted in areas that were heavy infested with tick I hunted a total of 2 days the tick were on my dog but none were attacked they seemed like they were trying to crawl off i don't know how hard it is on my dog but it didnt seem to bother him at all I also i also sprayed myself down no ticks at all.

Deet is poison to your dog, i was told.. did it have deet in it?