Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate larson

Walleyes on Waska

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Has anyone been targeting walleyes on Minnewaska lately? I am going up to my parent's place this weekend and am hoping to put my wife and I on a few fish. Just curious if anyone is having any success. Is the water still really low up there???

Thanks,

Nate

Waska hosted a tournament over the weekend, looks like they were hard to come by except for a few on the winning board. Good luck to you, the fish out to start biting again with this cooler weather!

Check out the forums and the winning boats pretty much tell you where they caught their fish.

Hey Nate. How is married life treating you? I fished the tourney and it was very sloooow. We got 3 3/4 inches of rain this week and it just about covered the tires on my dock!!!! As far as fish, I would follow your dad smile.gif.

Hey Waskawood!

I was hoping you would chime in. Sorry to hear it was slow for the tournament. Did you fish in it last year too? I heard that you guys got a little bit of rain. I think my dad and I are going to take the dock in this weekend. I hate to take my dad's fishing advice but it usually is pretty good...hopefully he can put the wife and I on some fish. I just bought a new GPS with a lakemast chip that I am itching to use.

Later,

Nate

PS...Married life is great so far! smile.gif Maybe I will see you on the water.

This was the first year that we fished the tournament. I am not a competitive type fisherman. My daughter wanted to try it so I went along. We had a good time despite the slow action. I will be around on Sunday. Stop by if you get a chance and say hello. Good luck fishing.

Had a long/great day on Waska but managed 9 fish between 15" and 17.5" jigs and fatheads/shiners, could have used them last weekend. Couple weeks before they should really start snapping. Caught lots of fish between 13" and 14.5" busy day.

Hey Waskawood,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by on Sunday. We were busy taking the dock out and then I had to go down to Mankato and help my sister move. It was a busy day to say the least. We had some decent luck fishing. I caught a couple 15 inch walleyes and my wife caught the biggest one at about 18 inches. I also caught about a 5 pound northern that was a lot of fun to catch. I probably won't get up there again until November... Do you usually put your icehouse out in front of your place? I will definately have to stop by and say hi sometime.

Later,

Nate

Hey Jason,

Glad to hear you had some luck out there! It definately seems like they are starting to turn on.

Hi Nate,

I am happy to hear that the wife got a nice fish. I usually put the house out front or down in Bob's bay. I don't have a four wheeler so I usually have a guy from work set it out front so I can walk out. Once the ice is thick enough for my truck I move it around. Take care and have a nice fall.

Was up pulling docks and lifts Saturday in the heat. Those steel docks roll much easier in cooler weather, I swear.

Made it out on 'Waska for a few hours later in the afternoon. Got a few smallies and largemouth, and 1 lone walleye fishing the south shore across from Priest Pt. Went across to Priest Pt for the power hour with another dozen or so boats, and it was a bust. Few bites, but no fish in the boat for us.