Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheHawgTrough

Did the rain bring in the salmon

8 posts in this topic

what does everyone think...are there gonna be some nice numbers in the rivers this weekend?

Hey! welcome aboard.

Yes there will be salmon in the rivers.

New Member umichjesse said it best.

"I won't share the names of the rivers but I really don't need to. The pinks will be in any river with enough water. 95% of the fishing is done within a half mile of the lake so it is only a matter of stopping your car and taking a look in the river. If the fish are there, you will see them. If you don't see any, hop in the car and check the next river. The dead give away will be all the cars parked next to the bridge.

Normally I am more willing to give out information, but the north shore tribs are so short that they get over crowded quickly. If it were a longer river like the Brule (Wisc) then I probably would name names.

Believe me, you WILL find pinks, and the exploration will make it that much more satisfying."

So those thinking about chasing salmon this weekend, we've had plenty of rain, the timing is just about perfect. The salmon will be in and you won't find a report saying so in so river is hot. That much you'll have to do for yourselves.

I'm not naming any rivers, but they do have a slight tint of pink running through them!

awesome, I'm glad your not naming rivers...i know where to go, just wanted to see if you guys think they start going.

How long do the salmon usually run? Is a trip in early October worth it?

I couldn't resist this one but is a bear Catholic? I mean does the pope go in the woods? Well you get the point. Sorry, again, I couldn't resist.

Tunrevir~ smile.gif

Stopped by the french and talmadge and didn't see a thing. Lots of boats out all the way up the shore.

The salmon run usually peaks last half of sept into the 1st week of oct. I have had good fishing into the last week or so of oct. But that was a while back and the runs just ain't what they used to be.