Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ec30_06

The bite is on

8 posts in this topic

The water is back up to 68 degrees and the fish are biting. Unfortunatly so are the turtles tongue.gif

I went for the turtle trifecta tonight and got three different species grin.gif

Snapper, softshell, and...?

We were out and caught a couple flats tonight too. Would have liked to stay out longer, nice night.

D-a-ng that sucks to hear...I was out last night with a buddy who as soon as it got dark started asking me if I was ready to go. confused.gif

I'll be hitting the river all this weekend but my buddy backed out for sat so if anyone wants to hook up, let me know.

Was with Eddie to witness the turtle trifecta. The snapper and soft shell are common. The third turtle was one I don't think I'd seen before. After looking through a field guide of North American reptiles I think it was a False Map Turtle. The habitat and range would be right.

I told Ed if he would have gotten a painted turtle also he would have the turtle grand slam, a truely rare feat. grin.gif

Quote:

I told Ed if he would have gotten a painted turtle also he would have the turtle grand slam, a truly rare feat.
grin.gif

Only Softshell Ed can accomplish the turtle grand slam... I'm rooting for ya bud!! grin.gif

Also Ed is the only person I know that can be rangling bait and catch a snapping turtle in the net just to have it go hauling the mail right through the side of the net!

I'm not done with that snapping turtle just yet. I know where it is living now. He might make an appearance on the 29th.