• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bow and rifle hunting question

bigyooper

I am wondering, this is the first year that I will bow and rifle hunt in MN. If I shoot a buck with my bow, can I still shoot a buck with my rifle?

nope. Only one antlered deer a year. You can shoot up to six anterless ones, if you hit all the right zones and seasons.

What I do is take a nice tender yearling doe for the freezer and spend the rest of the time looking for a trophy, the more of them small bucks you let go the better chance of getting a big one later.

Plus it matters what type of zone you are hunting in. Lottery zone, you can shoot only one deer, buck or doe (if you have a doe permit), no matter what type of weapon you use. Managed zone the limit is 2 deer. Intensive zone, limit is 5 deer.

Quote:

Plus it matters what type of zone you are hunting in. Lottery zone, you can shoot only one deer, buck or doe (if you have a doe permit), no matter what type of weapon you use. Managed zone the limit is 2 deer. Intensive zone, limit is 5 deer.

Sorry to be picky, but if we all talk alike their might be less confusion. It is ZONES 1, 2, 3A, 3B, 4A, and 4B. It is a Lottery AREA(example 426), or a Managed AREA(example 461), or an Intensive AREA.

I have had many conversations with fellow hunters where the first thing we have to do is clarify what is "ZONE" and what is "AREA."

Good Luck!

Just check the reg book. Find out what area you will be hunting. It will have all the answers for you. If you are still unsure... call you local CO. As far as your buck question, the answer is you can only take one antlered deer per year.