• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be in duluth next wed. (9/26). We are comming up from Chicago area. Have not seen many posts on the river the past week or so. Any suggestions on patterns, lures and or colors selections would be appreciated. Not looking for your honey hole, just any suggestions to have a good fishing weekend. Thanks

Mark

Eyes are pretty spread out still. I would find deep water flats and troll them with cranks til you contact a few fish.

Most fish Im seeing are on deep channel breaks and turns/washouts. This time of year with the water cooling a jig n big minnow are always good. Drift a jig around some channel edges from 131st st down to the bong. Its been pretty slow below them points but could get going any time.

Barkers Island area has been pretty slow for the past 3 weeks with only smaller fish being caught.

If you need more detail e-mail me at title it St. Louis River or I wont open it.

Good luck. How long will you be here and what days will ya be on the river? Maybe by then Ill be of more help.

congratulations on LEAVING chicago only if it is for a short time. Sorry, that wasnt nice, but a packer fan will always say something like that; it's genetic.

take what northlander says to heart. he really knows what he is talking about and all of us appreciate his posts and willingness to help a fella out.

havent seen anyone fishing up ther the last 3 times I drove through. Waters may be getting a bit cool for cats up there but Im no cat expert. We usually hit that in June/July.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried some fishing off shore in the cloquet part of the st. louis yesterday. It was flowing as hard as ive seen it in a long Time!! I couldnt even keep my bobber out there and it usually sits still. Current was too strong every where i tried. Bobber and a minnow didnt even get a nibble confused.gif. The water is up at least a foot from last month.

I fished from the 23 bridge down to the top of Spirit Lake yesterday. Very fast, high and murky. Only managed 1 eye and 2 pike. Even up tight to shore its really moving. Lots of debry too. Reminded me of the Rainy River last week.

The harbor should be good right now shocked.gif. The duck hunting should be great as well smirk.gif.

Well I fished from walleye alley down to barkers today. Only thing I caught was 2 small eyes, both were about 24-26", and 1 small crappie about 14.5". Nothing came home.

The eyes both came in the same 200' stretch below Oliver while trolling a deep running RR in firetiger. As murky as the water is Im amazed anything found it. The Crappie came while vertical jigging a shiner in 22' of water on a inside river bend above Spirit Lake Marina. Never caught a crappie in this area before. Total Fluke.

Beautiful day and I got to run some Stabil through the boat. May get put away soon.

Only saw 2 other fisherman the past 2 times on the river. I love this time of year.

Now if they would slow the d a m s down and let the water clear I think fishing would be real good.

TONS of ducks and geese in the spirit lake area. The water looked like it was boiling when I ran by and spooked a bunch up.