Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muttly

bear skin rug?

4 posts in this topic

I havent killed my bear yet this year, but I still have a big one coming into the bait. I got started "dreaming" about what I was going to do after the kill, and I started wondering how much a rug is going to cost me. Anyone had one done recently with or without the head? Feedback appreciated. Thanks

I had one done about 4 years ago, turned out great. It was only a 225lb bear, about 6 feet from tip of nose to tail. The guy did a wonderful job and as I recall it was about 125 a foot so 6 x 125 = 800 bucks. Mine has the head on. Prices may be different now, this guy came recomended, and skinned it, stored the meat for me and like I said did a wonderful job on the rug. Its a shame that I haven't finished my basement yet so I can hang it up.

how do u have a bear rug justin, you fear all animals

I had one done about 6 years ago and he did an awesome job. It was my first bear and all I did was feild dress it and he skinned it out for me as part of the deal. He doesn't charge an arm and a leg either. I had mine done with an open mouth with a black outside felt lining and a silver/gray inside felt lining.He also put in grommets so it hangs on the wall better. If you are looking for a good job look him up. He is just south of you in Holyoke.My friend just had his done with him and loves it also. it took about 9 months to get it done.