• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing reports anyone

Ole54868

Just wondering if anyone is doing any night trolling yet or catching any eyes. Heading to the pond this weekend for 4 days of fishing just wondering if anything is happening yet.

Anybody know the water temp latley?

Thanks for the help in advance.

confused.gif Is there anybody fishing eyes at all?

Leaving for the pond saturday just wondering if anyone is getting any fish. Planning on night trolling.

Not looking for a spot just wondering if anyone is getting any action at all.

Ole, I am heading up to the pond on saturday too for the weekend. I wasn't originally planning on coming up, but after seeing the weather forecast for the weekend, I changed my mind. It should be pretty good after this prolonged cold front with the warmer temps moving in for the weekend. I expect a lot of the walleyes to move in a bit shallower on tops of the warming sand bars and rocks to feed and "sun themselves". Might even be a good weekend to tag into a good sized muskie or two. I figure I will take my girlfriend up with me and try to get her a decent walleye or two. Maybe I will be lucky enough to catch a few pigs myself! Try soaking better sized suckers (6-9 inches) under slip bobbers on top of the 14-18 foot sand bars and rock reefs. I have had pretty good luck doing this on warm september and october days after cold fronts. Good luck and if you see a small 14 ft. boat with a 15 h.p. Johnson motor getting thrashed around in the whitecaps, stop by and say hi!

GoggleEye

Trolled cranks till 1130pm last night on the east side and only managed a few. Got them in about 20 minutes then the wind changed to the east and it died on the lake. Marking lots of fish, but the east wind turned them off. I cannot believe the lack of walleye fisherman out this fall. Last year at this time there would be a half dozen or so boats on every rock pile on the east side before dark. Im sure it has a lot to do with the slot, but I sure dont mind catching a handfull of 25 inchers. Expescially trolling cranks. They hit hard! grin.gif

I'll be up at the Red Door saturday. The weather looks likes its going too be nice. Full moon coming, its looking promising.

9/19/2007 Wednesday night 6-11 southeast corner

2 smallies, 2 wallys (16",18"), 1 big pike that still has my stick in its mouth! Very slow but a great sunset! water temps 60, counted 5 other boats that we could see. All fish came in 9ft of water over rocks.

Thanks for the update. Heading out in the morning.

Rented a house on the North West side.

We are planning on fishing the south west and south east side. If you see a black Lund 1700 Explorer SS with a 115 Suzuki feel free to stop and say hi. We will be there fishing until Tuesday. I would be happy to share what we is working or not working for us. laugh.gif

please report how you do following your trip. I'll be up the next couple of weeks after you and would like to have a couple of spots to try.

thanks

With the Water temp at 60 the crank bite was slow. We did manage a few but wasn't great. The largest was a 26 and all fish were out of the slot. Slip bobbering the edge of reefs or rock piles will get you more fish using leaches. We need that temp to drop a little more yet.

Good Luck

Nymph is right on, the crank bite was really slow this weekend. I did get some really nice pike (34-37 inches) trolling cranks deep (25 feet) on the south end by Father Hennepin State Park. No walleyes for me though on cranks. Perch were biting good in 6-7 feet of water on fatheads and crappie minnows just off of rock bars on the south end. You will know where because there are about 30 boats parked right over top of them. Hopefully next weekend will be better for the walleyes.

GoggleEye

Fished yesterday and found no eyes. Tried shallow and deep, bobbers and cranks with no luck. Must not have found the right spot. I fished the south side by Father Hennipen with the other boats. Found some perch but got out of the crowds and looked for eyes. Maybe better luck next time.

Meet a friend up at the landing last night and fished for a couple hours, tried a couple spots with nothing and then hit a little rock reef and I got the first fish of the night a nice 22".

100_0196.jpg By 11 we had about 6 nice fish in the boat and missed a couple that got unhooked. Slow speeds worked for us and the moon never made it out of the clouds.

Fished Sat through Monday on the Pond. Found fish in the afternoon deeper in 20' pulling cracks at 17' blue and chrome thunderstick was the best bait for us. Nothing to brag about but consistenly caught fish most in the 18" to 22" Best speed was 2.3 to 2.8 mph. Garrison Reef, Mya myr, mud flat, and others in that area all seemed to produce. Would guess we averaged 4-5 fish an hour.

Didn't get much after dark tried shallower but I think the South end was the answer for night and we never ventured that far. Had a great trip and found enough to keep us happy. Should just get better from here on.

Had a little trouble finding fish last night on the pond. A friend and I put one 25 incher in the boat, from about 8 fow on the SW side. She took a #5 firetiger shallow shad rap. We fished from about 8:30 till 12:30.

Another great trip to Minnesota and I really appreciate all the info I have gotten off this board before my trips. I fished Mille Lacs 2 days plus Clearwater, Borden, Thunder, Eagle, Baby, and Mule while I was up there this year. We caught a ton of smallmouth, largemouth, pike, and even a couple muskies. Most of our fish came on wiggle warts (crawfish pattern brown/orange & green/orange), pointers (Table Rock Shad and Black/Gold/Orange), and spinnerbaits (homemade shad and gold shad patterns).

We had a great time and again if any of you come down this way (Missouri) I will be happy to help out.

Here are a few of the smallmouth we caught on Mille Lacs

100_0986.jpg

100_0975.jpg

TNBigSmallmouthMLacs9-29-07.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0990.jpg

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun and you have some great water to fish. The 3rd smallie weighed 5lbs 14oz...we caught 27 on Thursday and 16 on Friday with most being in the 2.5 to 4.5 range but did have 3 over 5lbs. All of the fish came in less than 4 feet of water over rock points or flats with rocks...the wind blowing in helped also. If you saw baitfish in the area you usually got bit. We fished the Big Point and Isle areas both days we fished Mille Lacs.

We caught a lot more fish on the other lakes we fished but I really enjoyed Mille Lacs because of the size of the smallmouth and the type of fishing.

We also caught 4 big walleye up in the shallows and saw a lot more just cruising in the sand. I actually sight fished one I saw sitting in the sand in about 3 feet of water...pretty cool deal.

i was fishing yesterday, and did very well with the walleyes... I must have caught over 30 walleyes by myself.. However, non were keepers..... Thus, no walleye fillets... It's so difficult catching keepers on this lake... I guess the DNR knows which sizes are the most common in that lake for walleyes and put restrictions on them...

Fishing for fun, this lake is excellent... However, if you want a few fillets for dinner, I would stay away from this lake.. There are much better options to fish at .

Quote:

Fishing for fun, this lake is excellent... However, if you want a few fillets for dinner, I would stay away from this lake.. There are much better options to fish at .

I agree, we should all stay away and fish other lakes. The fishing is terrible and you can't keep any fish. smirk.gif

Hey Midcoast was thinking of heading up there this week where abouts were you fishing.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree, we should all stay away and fish other lakes. The fishing is terrible and you can't keep any fish. smirk.gif

Nah, the fishing is great on ML for walleyes. I know you were just kidding, but I personally could never stay away from this lake. One of a kind when it comes to big walleyes, especially in the winter! grin.gif