Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Big C update

15 posts in this topic

I talked to a buddy who was out and did not have very good luck on Big C. He said he caught a bunch of snot rockets and that was about it.

we caught 2 10"ers today grin.gif

Now there's a surprise. Sounds like just about everytime I've been on that lake, except you didn't mention all the flippin' rock bass. By the way, I am wondering if the Cormorant Classic is this weekend? Lots and lots of boats out there on my way to work last two mornings. Hopefully they'll get better weather than last year's tourney! It will be interesting to see the reports from the tourney.

Classic is this weekend.

Hiya -

So, guys that walleye fish in Cormorant, do you catch a lot of pike? Been meaning to ask... I fish smallies out there a lot, and I think I've caught one pike this summer out there. I'm mostly on rocks so maybe just that they're not there, but I've been surprised at how few I catch. Same with rock bass really. Catch them mixed in with the smallies on some other lakes I fish on, but I get very few on Cormorant...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Split my summer between Lizzie and Big Cormorant. I did get some nice northerns early, up to 8lbs on Big C. Mid summer I took some minnows out to one of the rock piles and got a bunch of northerns but they ran quite a bit smaller. rock bass haven't been a problem for me.

Minnow -- stay away from those 10-inchers. They are MINE!!

Robb --

a lot of little pike this year.Between the little pike, little eye and rock bass -- drives a guy NUTS.

I haven't seen an issue with pike, but I have caught a lot of rocco's which is normal. I fish a little deeper in the summer and the pike tend to be closer to weeds. A lot of night trolling as well, and obviously no pike then. Haven't fished in 2+ weeks frown.gif.

F-Dog --

We hardly hear from you anymore -- you still out there er what?

I never thought it was an issue either until I switched over to shiners this fall and fished some wind blown weedlines earlier this week. It was insane...had many complete bite offs with fireline and still put probably a dozen of the them in the boat (but not for long). grin.gif

Z--

You talkin about northerns too?

LOL!! Yep...darn little notherns drove me nuts that day. They weren't all shallow either....I had trouble with them as I worked a couple of deeper spots too. Oh well....it goes like that sometimes.

Hey Hit...send an email my way as I seem to have lost your work email add.

Been super busy with work, and late August-mid Sept. is probably my least favorite time to fish. The Fall transition period while I wait til the water hits the mid 50's. I'll be getting out more in the next 4-6 weeks and then it's ice fishing shocked.gif.

WHOO ICe yeah im ready, this college thing has cut into my fishing time but hopefully i'll get out soon, F DOG how do you fish that low temp water, really slow with large baits? Just wondering bc i never fish that late, im usually chasing birds or deer but have to get out to long this year to chase late walleyes. Thanks

A. Shae