• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody have any estimates on how much rain fell over night and how much the lake level has come up? Just wondering, out of town for a few days and saw a flood warning on the t.v. last night for St.Louis county.

There is a flash flood warning until 7am and rainfall has been between 1 to 2 inches per hour overnight, haven't seen any totals yet.

How is the overall lake level? Right before Labor day weekend, it was about 15" low. Has it come up at all with the recent rains?

I just talked to a friend from Cook and he said that they have gotten something like 16" of rain over the last couple of weeks and it was raining good now.

It must be coming back near normal now. Its still raining here in cloquet so it might be raining up there too.

Heard it was up 18 inches since Aug. Heavy rain today and the rivers and creeks are way over the banks so it may go to an all time high for this time of year in a few days.

I would say that as of yesterday we had gained about 7-8 inches from our low. Was gone all day so I can't say what it is for sure.

Yes, it's up about a foot over the past couple weeks. I think even if it quits raining, the lake will continue to rise for awhile, as the watershed which was parched got saturated with the first big shot and will now contribute to the lake (rather than soak in) from the ongoing rainfall. The lake is in better shape than I've seen it in 35 years this late in the summer.