Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justlovetofish03

Trout Fishing

7 posts in this topic

I am also looking for a few places to catch some inland Brookies, Brown, Rainbows; any ideas?? if you know where to go and would like to share some of the information with me i would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Matt

Hey man, go to the state DNR site ( mndnr.com )or somthing like that & find out what they stock in various lakes near where you will be camping. Look up streams too & see if there are available surveys. It'll give you a good idea about trout. Use the DNR site to find the lakes you want to fish. If your after Superior, then charter out or fish the extended points where you can find a little drop. Bring plenty of spoons! smile.gif

At least you get a profile of what kind of fish are where & can make a decision where you want to go.

-Later, CLoma

what about any streams up there that hold a good number of trout in them?

There are fish in every river from Duluth to Canada, you justs have to find them grin.gif With the rain we got last night, everything is blown out and we are expecting more this week.

There truly are trout in every stream between Duluth and Canada. It is more about finding the holes then finding a good stream. Just look for something deep on a bend with some woody debris. Try a Panther Martin, worms, or swedish pimples. I've been doing well lately, even in the urban streams right in Duluth. It is amazing where you'll find them.