• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How Do You Fish A Quarry???

snapper3

I was planning on taking my two boys fishing in quarry park south of Menards in St. Cloud but have never fished in a quarry and quite frankly don't know how to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As far as I can tell there isn't much structure and it's just a bunch of deep holes and I'm not sure what to use or how to fish it.

not sure if the trout are biting or not (usually best in early summer) but we always use corn or angleworms suspended on a plain hook below a slip bobber...only need to fish it about 5-10 feet down or so as they are usually suspended or feeding near the surface.

Good luck, and send 'em back if you can (or just take a few for a meal) so others can enjoy it as well.

Thanks for the advice and don't worry I always practice catch and release and I'm trying to teach that habit to my kids also.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Welcome to FM Snapper!

Hopefully you and the kids can get a few to bite. I haven't fished the quarries but know some guys catch some nice trout there at times.

Good Luck!

I agree with Sartell Angler. I have also used the Power Eggs with success. I haven't been out there in a couple years, but I'm sure they are still biting!

Good Luck