Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Vote on Barry's 756 ball

11 posts in this topic

Hey FMers, you can vote on what to do with the ball that Barry Bonds hit that broke the all time home runs record. It can be sent to Cooperstown, sent to Cooperstown with a permanent asterisk, or launched into outer space.

Mark Ecko bought the ball for 3/4 of a million and he'll do whatever is decided by Sept. 25.

I think this guy has to much money! But it was a good idea. I think they should brand it and bring it back to a SF giants game and throw it back on the field, let barry have it back.

Cooperstown!

Quote:

I think this guy has to much money!

No doubt! Who is this guy anyways? Must be nice to throw away $750,000 on a baseball he's not planning on keeping.

Quote:

No doubt! Who is this guy anyways? Must be nice to throw away $750,000 on a baseball he's not planning on keeping.

$750,000 on any baseball, keeping it or not, is insane! He's some fashion designer.

I voted for orbit.

Quote:

Cooperstown!

grin.gif

Cooperstown it is.....with an asterisk... cool.gif

Quote:

grin.gif

Cooperstown it is.....with an asterisk...
cool.gif

That was my vote....but now I hope they put more than one asterisk on it because cooperstown will just face the asterisk away from the public.

Agreed!

Put about 20 of them on the stupid ball so everybody can see what really produced those tainted taters.

Windy

Best news yet:

Barry Bonds would boycott Cooperstown if the Hall of Fame displays his record-breaking home run ball with an asterisk. That includes skipping his potential induction ceremony.

"I won't go. I won't be part of it," Bonds said in an interview with MSNBC that aired Thursday night. "You can call me, but I won't be there."

So, if the Hall goes through with the asterisk display?

"I will never be in the Hall of Fame. Never," Bonds said. "Barry Bonds will not be there."

All I can say: Thank you, Marc Ecko.

and to B*rry B*nds: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen!

Gilbert Arenas the Washington Wizards offered to purchase the ball from Ecko to keep it from having the asterisk......

Looks like B*rry might soon be unable to visit the HOF -- even if he wanted to -- for up to a 30 year stretch. We can only hope.