Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

question/idea

11 posts in this topic

on a different forum bassnspear mentioned having a get-to - gator. that got me to thinking, why cant we try to have a fishinminnesota get together for a couple hours at a local establishment. does fishingminnesota have decals etc to purchase? it would also be nice to put a face&name to some of the people we have been lying to all these years about hunting& fishing. just an idea,what does any body else thunk about this?

other sites I've been on have had get-togethers at local watering holes, but considering the family nature of this site I think the mention of a substance such as alcohol would cross the line.

What do others think?

If you click on the "Outdoor pro store" link at the top of the main page you can purchase decals. There's some pics of them on the Open Water forum at the top.

There is a get together every year in this area catfishing on the horseshoe chain during the winter. Last year it was cancelled however d/t too much snow.

As far as meeting at a local establishment I don't think there would be an issue against talking about meeting other FMers as long it's kept clean and good taste. Just because it is a family site doesn't mean you cannot mention the word alcohol. I do think it would be supported better if the gathering was after a shooting or fishing type event though.

Lots of opportunities for get together coming up this fall and ice season. For the Chain event mark your calendars for the first Saturday in March. Hopefully mother nature will be more cooperative this time around. laugh.gif

Also check out the Mille Lacs forum for a get together the first weekend in October. Should be a great time! I'll be there with several other FMers.

As far as Stickers go they can be bought at the FM store along with some get looking gear. I'd try to set something up on the lake yet this fall but my weekends are getting eaten up.

There's still some great fishing ahead on the St Cloud area lakes!

being from central minnesota I think it would be a great idea to have a get togther some where to get to know some of the people on the site. grin.gif

Hey Glenn,

As i stated, i am thinking of putting a Get to Gator together, to get people out in the winter time to learn and understand the sport of spearing.

I had a ton of people that wanted to go out last year, but never had the time to take everyone out.

Like Borch said, there is always get togethers through FM, and there is also FM events out there as well. For example, I am hosting a bass event this sunday. Ray did a few for bass early this year as well.

There is get togethers all over for FM.

i guess maybe i should pay closer attention to the posts about these get togethers. i havent noticed any in the st cloud/new london area or deer river area which are the areas i like to frequent. i just thought it would be cool to meet at a watering hole to bs and meet fellow fmers for a while. did look at the outdoor store, cool decals, might get a few to proudly display my affiliation with FM. dont know if my eyes are going bad but the hats & clothes were blurry to make out designs. keep with the replies and thanks for those that already have.

From my experieince the hats turn out very nice. I do have several. Tell you what, when we get some decent ice I'll post for an informal St Cloud area get together.

It's always great meeting fellow FMers. laugh.gif

I'm with all of you guys it would be fun to meet some of the faces in our area. I'd be willing to help throw a winter get together maybe a panfish walleye combo locally? I will inform all of you that there is a cat get together on the chain in March. I'ts a ton of fun and a great time!!! So come out and I'll personally give you tips and info to help you catch cat's through the ice! Beilieve me they can become addictive!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Borch- maybe we can get something figured out later in the year for something on the ice?

Sounds good Icehawk!

sounds like a winner to me. id be willing to help also if time permits. a good panny/walleye outing, maybe on the chain or nearby? check my bio or post if you need help.