Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Old School QDM

12 posts in this topic

1880deerhuntjb6.jpg

1909deerhuntjp8.jpg

I've seen a couple old photos where half a log was filled with hung deer and always bookended with a few timberwolves. Doesn't really do justice to the lean years of white-tail management.

I believe that is called "balancing the herd"

Also, almost the only meat their families or lumber camp will live off of for the next year!

Cool pix!

Cool Pictures! That is heritage right there. You should send them to PETA members to show them how their ancestors stayed alive and fed their families.

Great old pic, I never get tired of those!

I love the old pictures. I'm going to save the ones that have been posted.

This isnt old school QDM per the topic, but its an old pic.

This is my great grandfather and great uncle(I think).

greatgrandpabuckdp7.jpg

One of my neighbors to my land in Wisconsin every year has deer hanging just like this. They do have a lot of land, and a quite afew people hunting with them, but they usualy have a good 15-20 deer hanging by the end of the season. Mostly bucks too. This year I will stop in a take a picture of them all and I will post it if its ok with them.

Wow blb those are some monster bucks. I would love to have a wall hanger like them, maybe this year. grin.gif

I love those older pictures. smile.gif

Ya, you can definitely tell that picture is from way back.......there is snow on the ground during deer season!

Quote:

Ya, you can definitely tell that picture is from way back.......there is snow on the ground during deer season!

I dont want to get off the main subject to much, but yes some cold and some snow would be nice. The last couple years cleaning deer wasnt very fun, with all the woodticks crawling all over the hides crazy.gif