Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beaverslayer

North shore fishing

5 posts in this topic

I will be coming to the north shore to take a charter on Sunday but was wondering where my best bet to throw some spoons would be on Saturday. What colors/styles are the best?

Thanks

Give Brighton beach(next road past Lester river) a try. Once the Lake trout come in to spawn they'll anywhere along the North Shore but they tend to stage out deep off the Brighten area. You might get lucky and get an early arrival or smaller resident laker in close. The salmon will be staging off the river mouths, (Lester or French) early morning and late afternoon is your best bet there. Once the suns up they'll move back out.

Spoons, your looking for something with good weight/profile ratio that you can cast a good distance. Cleos and Krocs work in silver/orange or what ever you have.

During the day the Two Harbors Breakwall be worth a try.

Thanks ST. Is Mcquade Access worth a try? Would I be better off with a sucker minnow or smelt and a cork or are crocs a better bet. Does the water get deep very fast off Brighten or is it pretty shallow and rocky like most of the north shore?

Heck yes, give the Mcquade wall a try. Throw the spoons and set up your second rod(must be 100 yards from a river mouth)with a Ross (weighted)bobber with a flu-flu or Looper bug tipped with a waxie.

Just a note, there are lots of other topics about the same thing here, asked jsut a little while ago, they are full of great info smile.gif

good luck. Fishing off the shore has been slow for me this year.