Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ufatz

Worst Fishing Ever?!!

19 posts in this topic

I recognize that it is generally agreed amonst the brethren that gather here that I am not much of a fisherman. While I might debate that I want to report that the fishing around my place is the absolute WORST I have ever seen! I cannot believe how bad it is....for everything. As example: when was the last time you worked all your magic on several KNOWN Esox Lucious beds and NOT gotten a hit. Not a blast! Not a swirl. Not a bulge! NOTHIN!! Wallyeye fishing is pitiful and bass fishing is a joke. I'm stumped. Normally by this time fish have really turned on and we are on our way to an exciting fall bite. I don't get it. confused.gif

I don't like hearing that. I;m going up for the first time in a month, and I'm looking for that fall bite to begin. Where you been fishing?

Don't worry Crankbait Guy, we've gotten used to Ufatz complaining about the poor fishing all summer. grin.gif

The fishing is always great, but the catching may be a different story. I don't have a fishing report as I haven't been on the water much.

We've flambasted 'em (walleyes) the last 2 times I was out, last Tuesday evening and on Saturday afternoon on an OT county lake. Ya got a decent Graph? Deep weedlines should have some fish, especially if there's a point or turn in the break. If the graph doesn't show fish, I'm not fishing there, at least not in the Fall. Fish get concentrated, so when you find some there may be lots in a small area, but it might take some graphing time to find them. Don't give up Ufatz, just fish through this tough period and you'll stumble into something and all will be right with the world again. smile.gif

the water temps have got to be warmer this time of the year than previous years. so the fall bite may not take place for a month or so. try crawler harnesses out deeper than usual where the temps are more favorable. maybe even 25-30 fow yet. Ottertail has been slower all year than years past, so maybe they are hanging out with the pout! smirk.gif

Yeah..and the reason I'm whining and sniveling is that this is the WORST summer of fishing I've seen around here and it is the absolute WORST summer of fishing I've ever had ANYWHERE! Not just on my "home" lake either. C'mon now you guys...be honest. You can't tell me this has been a banner year for fishing around here....including the fabled OT Lake.

Sniffle sniffle. frown.gif

I can't agree with you. We had an excellent year this year on several OT county lakes.

Maybe you need to try some new stuff. Think outside the box. confused.gif

Just because you had a bad summer of fishing(catching), doesnt mean that your experience is the barometer for the rest of us.

I haven't been able to fish much up there this year. But, when I have, I've torn 'em up. Walleyes, Bass, Crappies and the Muskies were even moving well on WBL the few times I got out there.

I'm excited for this weekend. I'm planning on tearing 'em up again. So, I hope to prove you wrong.

I am sure that i had the best walleye fishing on OT that i have ever had this year. We caught many fish and a few pigs that were released. And it was using techniques that i have never used on OT. No complaints from this guy.

Hmmmm. Okay. Then I guess it's just me. Oh well, what the hell. I'm still better lookin' than most of you guys. And my dogs smarter too. grin.gif

confused.gif Resorting to insults now?? That won't help getting any more fishing advice. grin.gif

He's just crabby because of the rabid raccoon incident that the DNR wouldnt help him with. grin.gif

Did you gents see the news story about TWO rabid animal incidents in the U'Wood- Ashby area in last 45-days? Who's an alarmist now? shocked.gif

Oh. And one FINAL comment. I was not looking for "help from DNR." I was looking TO HELP DNR maybe pinpoint a rabies outbreak. Seems I might have been on the righ track. frown.gif

Maybe that's the whole issue right there. Some rabid Coons died in the lakes you've been fishing, and all the plankton has got rabies and it's disrupted the whole freakin food chain.....

LMAO

I can't agree either...Last time up I switched to plastics while walleye fishing because I got tired of running back to the bait well for minnows...Maybe some sort of "Ufatz Tips and Techniques" benefit is in order? We can all donate some knowledge and apparently he can donate good looks and a little complaining.. grin.gif

I'm planning to be out on Saturday to hose on the eyes some more. If you're not doing much Saturday afternoon, head over to Rush and find me. I'll get ya on a good bite. My boat's a red with a 60 Yami, can't miss it. It has big letters on the side that say "LUND". I'm usually out in front of the big TV tower on the south shore, between Bucahan pass and Oak point.

Great invite, I just wish there was a lake closer to FF with some action, have not heard much positive for this time of the year. Tomorrow and Sunday should be awesome weather to get on the lake!