Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tweedlap

Birds in Canada

9 posts in this topic

On Monday, the 17th, I talked to a group of hunters who were 100 miles north of Saskatoon. They reported more snow geese were showing up every day. Some of the fields were white with geese.

Duck hunting was awesome.

tweed

The hunting is ALWAYS awsome in Saskatchewan wink.gif

a lot of crop still in the field good luck getting access

Quote:

a lot of crop still in the field good luck getting access

That when farmers beg you to hunt those fields. Hunting does less damage than 20,000 ducks and geese.

Well said Jimbo!!! wink.gif

A lot of the grain crops came out this past week.

They reported good shooting in harvested pea fields.

Tuesday reports were: 100 miles north, geese everywhere.

50 miles north of Saskatoon: Limits, just moving into area.

One fella said: the most mallards and pintails he has seen in 10 years.

tweed

Leaving on the 7th and cant wait. We have never been denied access to a field with crops in or out. The candians/people we have run into have been some of the nicest around. Some even do the scouting for us while we are hunting and get access for us. It is so different from around here.

LovenLifeGuy

One farmer we have know for many years takes us up in his plane to show us where the geese are.

just a friendly reminder. saskatchewan has had its worst year for west nile and the frost has yet to kill the little buggers so be carefull and good hunting and the $ is nearly par