Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmyjigger

Late season walleye on the chain

7 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone has any tips on where and/or how to pursue some late season walleye on the chain. Do crankbaits or live bait seem to work better? We are new comers to the chain. Any information is appreciated! I'm not asking for anyones honey holes, just some ideas. Thanks

Both livebait,(Minnows) and cranks will put nice eyes in the boat for you on the chain in the fall. Work deeper points or other structure during the day and as you approach dusk the eyes will move shallower and even more aggressive slamming cranks.

Good Luck!

I had luck with leeches on Saturday and cranks on Sunday on the chain. Saturday pulling rigs deep and Sunday shallow. So they are playing. The leeches gave me frying pan size and the cranks gave me a 24 and 25 1/2 (both released)

Swabby

Have you used any minnows?

A week ago, we used fatheads on jigs and 3-ways and caught quite a few smaller walleye. The fish ranged 10-16 inches, but the action was very good. Even my 9 year old didn't get bored.

STAY SHALLOW 8 FEET AND UNDER. LIVE BAIT. CRANK OPEN WATER FOR SUSPENDED FISH IN HORSESHOE AND CEDER ISLAND. YOU WON'T SEE FISH ON THE GRAPH BUT THE ARE THERE A BETWEEN 4 AND 8 FEET BELOW THE SURFACE.

Welcome to the forum Balsa!