Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyehunter

Question for Paul

3 posts in this topic

Paul (or anybody else that may know the answer), since I have seen you post a couple of times about ATV trail rides, thought you might know the answer to this I just aquired a 1994 Polaris 300 4-wheeler and it is in need of a new battery. I measured the battery and the "seat" that it sits in and went to a department store to buy a new one. The parts book at the store said to buy a certain one, but looking at the overall dimensions on the box it was a bit larger than the one that was in it. The one that they had that would fit in the bracket is a little shorter than the other one. My question is...Is there a difference in the voltages or cranking amps in these batteries? Am I not going to be happy with the results I get with the smaller battery? I can't imagine that it takes much to turn the starter over, I'm just concerned with it starting in the winter.

I know that I should probably bite the bullet and go to Interstate in Fargo and buy the $53.00 one but this one is half that price.

Thoughts anyone???

If it were me, I would by the $53.00 because that is cheap as ATV batteries go. I believe I spent almost $90.00 on my last battery. YOu want to make sure you have a SEALED battery. Not having a Sealed battery could cause you problems depending upon how you ride it. IF you are putting it on a trailer and riding to and from a fish house etc you maybe ok, but if you are evil keneival and you want to park it in the box of your pickup you will want a sealed battery so you don't corrode the seat of your pants.

Thanks for the input Paul. I posted this in the ATV users forum too and got pretty much the same answer.

Thanks again Paul.