Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAG416

Dove Hunt 2007

10 posts in this topic

Dove2-1.jpg

09/03/2007 12 doves for Hunterlee and my dog Rhea and myself

nice birds ... this was my first year trying for doves and got out a little to late. have gotten 4 this season. two of them on small game opener while goin for squirrels and rabbits flew over me when i was walking a trail ... best tasting game i have had in a long time! wish i had 12 more in my pile!!

The group I have been going with have shot about 300 out of a sunflower field this year. Probably shot 3000 shells to get them though. Those little things can really get going with any wind.

We have been doing all right but the cold snap definitely pushed a lot of birds out.

They are incredible to eat... grin.gif

TEMP035Small.jpg

09/19/2007 Near Hendrum,MN. Its amazing what a difference and few decoys can make. I sat next to a pond for only an hour this evening and bagged 15. Had a few geese swing by also, but could only watch.

grouse091.jpg

Nice job, me and two buddys were out sep 2 and shot 45 by crown mn have pics will try to post

whats the point of killing doves? do you eat them?

They are fun to hunt and provide sporting targets to boot. The number one migratory gamebird hunted in the nation. Yes they are good to eat also. Not overly large but neither are shrimp.

i keep telling my wife to get the gun when i see doves and she keeps telling me where i can stick my heritage. but i guess when we feed them i dont blame her. also dont have issue with others hunting them either.

Quote:

whats the point of killing doves? do you eat them?

Interesting first post for you in the Hunting forums...

....OH they taste great.

Now back to the Bass forum for ya!.... grin.gif