Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waylon&Willy

Woman Lake Muskies

4 posts in this topic

I will up this weekend doing some Much Anticipated Fall Fishing. The majority of my weekend will be taking part in the excellent fall Walleye bite that happens on Woman Lake.

I wanted to know if anyone out there has some thoughts on the Muskie fishing in this lake? I really want to throw some baits for a few hours some time during the weekend and plan to be on this lake. Is it worth my time to fish Woman for Skies or is that a fluke catch out there? I have heard that the ones in the lake are Trophy size, but there is not a ton of fish.

How about some advice on when and where? I have some thoughts in mind, but can they be fished duriung Mid-Day? Is the best potential going to be early in the morning or late in the day??

I will post how I do, some feedback would be greatly appreciated!

yea i would liek to know 2!~

I've been spending a bit of time on woman for muskies this year...just to see if I can find patterns out there. To be honest, the lake is extremely tough to find muskies on. I think for as many hours as I have put in out there, I have had one follow from a mid 30's fish, and I've been all over the lake trying God only knows how many different types of presentations. I have heard of fish being caught out there, but I'd wager they are flukes from people targeting bass or walleyes...

My suggestion: Head to Wabedo/Little Boy area. definitely a better chance to nail one there than on Woman. Get on the deep weedline or some rock humps, and you should find fish, given good weather conditions.

The whole area is really low on water, and with the temps we had this summer, the fishing for muskies has been poor at best.

Good luck if you get out there for them...

Steve

i know this is supposed to be for muskies but what about the wqalleyes??? i have a cabin on the lake and am going up this weekend any tips on how and where to get them would be appreciated.