Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harleytbear

fishing madison and tetonka

15 posts in this topic

went sat. on madison,tetonka very cold no eyes. did any one else have any luck?

Was out on Tetonka all morning today. Not alot of action. Most fish caught on X-Raps, Perch color, on the weed lines.

Water temps at 65. Need it to get about 10 degrees cooler.

We picked up two eyes on Tetonka. Perch color. 7-10FOW. The fish were spread all over. Cought one eye on the bar on the east end of the lake and the other from the bar on the west end of the lake. The only pattern was that the fish were in the weed stubble and lying low and not willing to strike. I think if we would have switched to a bobber rig over the stubble we could have cought more but we had to check on the Bass.

Largest fish was a 27" northern, 2 eyes, some Lgm Bass, and some White Bass. The fish that were willing to bite were spread all over the lake.

Exactly Muddog. I was all over the lake this am, and just where you mentioned, I did the best. Also, in front of DNR, where the water is coming out of the pipes.

Welcome to FM!

Tetonka had a solid 'eye bite on Saturday for my boat but the quality was down from what it had been. We had ~15 fish between 13 - 14" and then a handful of others that were in that 15 - 16" range. On the contrary to what has already been mentioned, we found all our fish in ~500' section of shoreline in cover that was still standing in 4' of water. Pitching crank baits with white bellies to this area stuck all the fish with the exception of a couple that came draggin' jigs and minnows.

Thinking of going to Tetonka Sat morning. Have not fished it but once. I was wondering if anyone could give some suggestion to where the eyes and or crappies are biting on the lake. last time I was out caught a few crappies in front of the public beach on the east end. I also fished the sunken island across from best point resort. any suggestions or help would be great.

My report titled "Forcing the Issue" should give you a great start.

i had a ? for ya. how bad is the weeds on tetonka at this time of the yr.

last time I was out, last week, they were hardly noticeable.

Not bad at all but I suggest looking for what's available. The remaining cover is where a majority of the fish will be that are willing to bite.

was on madison from 4 until 6:45 tonight, and not even a bite

Thank you i will find a spot over by the DNR fishing dock.

Was on Madison last night from about 5:45p.m. to 9:45p.m. and all to show was 3 small crappies. Tried jig & minnow, tried trolling crank baits, tried shallow, tried deep, not a single Walleye. Talked to another fisherman and all he caught was 2 bullheads. Well my open water fishing is done for the year. Good luck to all you fall fisherman/fisherwomen for the rest of the year. I will be chasing ducks, geese, and deer from now till freeze up!

To bad. In less than a month (Full moon of Oct,) is when the state record Bass has been cought the last 2 times. Now thats hunting!

I'll be heading to Madison tomarrow to pre-fish the Get-Together. I'll let you know how it did at the Get-Together.

Put the cross-hairs on 'em. grin.gif