• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings Offensive line.

SledNeck

On the bright side, we won't have to waist our time watching the Vikings during the hunting season for another year. I think that today was the worst game I have ever seen. The whole offense was well, offensive.

Imagine the Lions fans. They are probably peeved that the lions had to go into OT against that offense. I love the Vikes but that game was one of the worst Ive seen in a while. 4 picks!! i am not sure if Daunte ever threw that many in a game before getting pulled.

What miffs me is this coach is an offensive coach how can the O line stink so bad. This should have been a win if the O line could have given time. Penalties Oh MY.

UGLY mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Why is that when the vikes try too run the ball its always in tight sets? Why don't they send a 4 reciever set in there and spread the defense out and get AP some space once in a while? And does anyone know why Sydney Rice didnt touch the field until the 4th quarter?

If the vikes continue too run nothing but tight set formations, defenses are going too continue too load up and bring nothing but heat. I think the coaching staff has too take some heat also. Get things spread out a bit and if defenses continue too blitz you should have multiple 1 on 1 options open immediately instead of defenses blitzing and having 1 option thats covered. Until the vikes show they can attack a bit, not even downfield, but in that midrange 10-15 yard range teams will do this all year and not only will we not be able too pass the ball, everything will be constantly bottled up against the run. And this wasnt even against an elite defense. I hope they open things up a bit or i have wasted $260 on the 4 packer game tickets i bought in 2 weeks.

Just a terrible game through and through...I can't believe the line play, and Tarvaris looked terrible, in his defense, he had no time at all, but he still made some bad decisions. I just hope we're not wasting a dominant defense with such a bad offense. Just imagine if we had even just an average offense right now, with our D...

Quote:

Just a terrible game through and through...I can't believe the line play, and Tarvaris looked terrible, in his defense, he had no time at all, but he still made some bad decisions. I just hope we're not wasting a dominant defense with such a bad offense. Just imagine if we had even just an average offense right now, with our D...

I would try to if I was not going to puke!

I've never seen a team try to give away a game so badley until yesterday.

Woudnt having a few 3 or 4 reciever sets in a game, spreading the (Contact Us Please) a bit, make it easier for T-Jack and the line too identify the blitzes rather than running tight sets with 9 guys in the box. Wouldnt it be easier with 7 guys in the box in a spread rather than 9 guys. And wouldnt it be easier for AP too find some room too run? They did some of this against the falcons with success and none of it yesterday. T-Jack made some bad plays, but i dont think hes being set up very well too succeed. Childress made it waaaay too easy for the defense by running everything tight. You run nothing but tight sets and its way too easy for the defense too bring the heat and stuff everything. Every team we play is going too bring the house every time stuffing the run and giving T-Jack no time too do anything. And can you pick any worse times too get cute? Its 3rd and 1 and your stuffing it down the lions throat on the first drive and you get cute and run a rollout and it leads too an INT. They faked a reverse 3 times and i told my buddy "just watch they are setting this up too actually run the reverse and its going too go no where, its too predictable". And they did just that, and it got stuffed horribly.

Why can we see it and the coaches cannot? I dont mind losing but how we lose just makes me so mad, because it seems like a lack of effort on the coachs to makes changes. Hey Bud where ya at, we could sure use you. smile.gif

I hope that T Jack is going to be on the bench for a while!!!! I guess they forgot to explain the difference between home jerseys and road jerseys. Guess he figured if he threw to the dark jerseys, that it would be a good thing. O Line couldn't have stopped a school girl. They misssed the blitz when the guy was lined up in their face. They need to fix the line, and go out and get a decent QB. David Carr is riding the pines in Carolina. Can someone say TRADE??????

David Carr and decent QB?? That doesnt go together. Bring someone in whos had 3 years too show what hes got and done nothing rather than let T-Jack grow up? I'd rather watch T-Jack grow up with AP and Syndey Rice. I don't know what people are expecting from this kid with what he's being dealt with. He's young, he's gonna make bonehead mistakes. And when the coaches call the game like they do it just compounds matters and doesn't let him grow. Spread the offense out, get the defense spread out. Give AP some room. Give the kid a chance too figure out where guys are coming from. How many QB's can figure out where the blitz is coming from when there are 9 defenders on the line of scrimmage? Good veterans would have trouble with that.

Quote:

David Carr and decent QB?? That doesnt go together. Bring someone in whos had 3 years too show what hes got and done nothing rather than let T-Jack grow up? I'd rather watch T-Jack grow up with AP and Syndey Rice. I don't know what people are expecting from this kid with what he's being dealt with. He's young, he's gonna make bonehead mistakes. And when the coaches call the game like they do it just compounds matters and doesn't let him grow. Spread the offense out, get the defense spread out. Give AP some room. Give the kid a chance too figure out where guys are coming from. How many QB's can figure out where the blitz is coming from when there are 9 defenders on the line of scrimmage? Good veterans would have trouble with that.

T-Jack as you call him is a JACK-A. PERIOD. The guy is horrible, he is a NCAA Div II QB. Know what that means? No DIV I schools would even give him a chance. A couple more games like that and I don't think he's worth the Vikings giving him a chance anymore. I am looking forward to the Vikes winning enough games to give them a top 5 pick next year and they had better use it getting a decent QB

Oh and by the way, the NFL standard for coaches is what- 2 and out or is it 3 and out? Even if it is 3- get rid of this clown after this season. 3 times in the last few years we have had premier coordinators on the sidelines and have failed to promote them to head coach- Dungy, Billick- each have a Super Bowl ring and now Mike Tomlin. Get with it Vikes

Yeah your right, hes played 4 games, get rid of him. Get rid of Sydney Rice too, hes played 2 games and done nothing either.

James, I was talking to another HS football coach this afternoon at lunch. We couldn't believe the bonehead coaching. When they faked the end around, and then came back the very next play and actually ran it, I couldn't believe it. Jr. High kids wouldn't fall for that, he basically told the defense what his next play was going to be. I for one, think Childress is about as lousy a head coach as there is. If a no name like Mike McCarthy can get the Packers to look like a team, what the heck is Childress's problem? If he turns this thing around, I will gladly, ever so gladly eat crow, and I mean a REAL crow. Man I thought they looked lousy on Sunday. If anyone watched the Patriots and Chargers that night, they saw what a real offensive unit looked like. Maybe Chili should start taping the other teams signals. smile.gif

Quote:

he is a NCAA Div II QB. Know what that means? No DIV I schools would even give him a chance.

Actually, I believe T Jack was originally enrolled at Div I Arkansas - but transferred. He didn't play well, but he didn't have much help either. I don't think it's time to clear the roster just yet.

How can you expect for Sydney Rice to do anything when his QB is busy throwing the ball to the other team? Perhaps they can get one of the Twins infielders to play WR, so they can field all of the short hop throws TJack throws at them. Bottom line is......he sucks. Wether he is a rookie,veteran or whatever, he sucks. What good does spreading the offense out when eventually they are going to have to pass, and they just can't do it. Jackson is going to nothing more than cost them games.

I agree that Childress is about as worthless a coach as there is in the NFL. He didn't call the plays in Philly, Andy Reid did. History dictates that we let the good coaches go and keep the not so goods. Look at Trent Dilfer......not the greatest QB in the world, but did what needed to be done to ensure that his team won. We have nothing close to the in Minnesota right now.

Musky and I are gonna get a beer next time I am up in the cities. We see it for what it is- when week 16 hits and the Vikes are 5-11, you'll be saying it then too. Face it people, Tarvaris sucks.

Wow, classic bandwagon, guys plays bad and we better get rid of him. Granted, Jackson hasn't lit it up, but he has TWO whole starts, and a coach that just doesn't seems to properly utilize the talents he has. Show me a rookie or first year starter that didn't struggle from time to time. It is going to be a long season of ups and downs, maybe by the LAST TWO games we will have a better understanding of who we have for a QB. smirk.gif

I'm not saying they won't be 5-11. But how can you say in one instance that Childress is the worst coach there is but in the next blame Jackson? Chilly is problem #1 for not putting his players in a position too succeed. How can any QB succeed in this offense. You go draft whomever you want next year, it isnt going too matter unless Chilly pulls his head out. T-Jack, the stud out of Hawaii, Brian Brohm, bring them in, it will not matter with this play calling.

And how can spreading the offense NOT make things better? It opens things up. Spreads the defense out so AP has some room. It spreads the defense out and makes it easier for the line and Jackson too identify who is blitzing. How can any team be expected too run the ball out of nothing but tight sets where the defense gets too cram everyone in the box and bring the house on every play? Oh, and if its a pass, well there is 7 people rushing up field and on top of Jackson immediately. How can anyone find an open guy with 3 guys in his face? How can 5 lineman be expected too constantly take care of 7 guys coming at them? Mix things up a bit, give the defense some different looks they cant sit 9 guys on the line of scrimmage and bring the heat on every play. Give your QB a friggin chance too make a play. Give your recievers a chance too run in space and not a crowded mess. Maybe than can actually take a quick slant over the middle over the blitzing linebacker and make a 5 yard pass into a 50 yard play instead of having too run 3 yard comeback routes all game long.

I concur, james backs up his posts with solid points and feedback, not just so and so sucks. I am very disappointed in the coaching staff. I was hoping that when Childress handed off the play calling duties we were going to see a spark of something...and we have nothing. As a side note, did anyone watch the philly-washington game? I could have sworn I had seen that terrible offense before, and I had, it's just the guys were wearing purple, not green. Philly put up their points based on talent, not the scheme, and I think on offense we are far more lacking in talent then they are...I am officially on the ditch Childress bandwagon

Quote:

Granted, Jackson hasn't lit it up, but he has TWO whole starts, and a coach that just doesn't seems to properly utilize the talents he has.

Tht coach has zero talents, so how can he utilize the talents that Tarholious doesn't have. As far as lighting it up, 4 picks seems like lighting it up to me if you like Detriot.

Thanks guys up above. I like looking at a situation by looking more than just "skin deep". Maybe there is a reason the young QB and last year the solid veteran Johnson have both looked bad. Johnson, a solid smart veteran QB all of a sudden looks subpar and starts throwing INT's? And then the rookie does the same thing? Theres something more too it than just 2 guys looking bad. There is a reason behind it. If your not being put in a situation too succeed than your going too look bad. And until Childress figures it out, no QB will look good. The problem is if you want too win a championship playing this style of ball you have too have one incredibly special defense. As great as the bears D was last year, it wasnt good enough. The Ravens of a couple years ago had it, and they had just enough offense. This viking team, very good defense, but nothing like that Raven D of that year. So until Childress figures this out and realizes he has too open up the gameplan a little more, we're going too see this kind of crap.

I can honestly say that last weeks game was a slap in the face. I was hoping for a better performance from this team. I will still watch their games, I havent given up on them yet. Its early enough were they can try to make this a good team, I hope confused.gif . I am just not as excited to watch them this weekend, as I was the last two. I wish them luck, they better beat kc, and the packers!

• 2 weeks later...