Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixeyes

9.16 REPORT......

10 posts in this topic

Headed out on the water today around 6:30am and started rigging redtails,1 smallmouth bass and an hour and a half later We decided to try our luck trolling.Caught a decent limit of eyes by about 2pm.Didnt pound them anywhere but rather one here and there.Trolled leadcore and threeway rigs.Hopefully things will only get better from here....Good luck out there..........

We gave the eye's a break for a while and got out and chased the ski's around this weekend. We put two in the boat, one 42 and one 43. Saw a few more with one being a true piggie.

Was out as well too. Haven't fished much this year due to my wife Nagzilla and her demented lists....*sigh*. No luck with Eye's, but Whitebass and Smallmouth bass were on a feeding frenzy. Also noticed the strong sturgen bite going on in Bayport as well. I tried to get into some crappies but was unable to locate them. Overall it was a fun outing, I just hate the Rec boats and huge wakes that come along with most of them. Hopefully by this next weekend all the Rec boats will be gone an just leave us Fishermen and our boats alone. I just love the sight of other fishing boats and me out on the water.

I hope the water temp drops soon and the fall bite kicks in. WOOHOO!

I was on the river fishing for about an hour and a half Saturday morning and playing "tow boat" for another hour and a half. Seems a big go fast boat found a sandbar south of Kinni on Friday night late and were stuck there until around nine when I showed up. Fishing was slow for me. The only thing I tried were cranks and I think I was too shallow. I was marking lots of baitfish but only found the silvers. Slowly but surely I'm eliminating the unproductive water on the river but I'm starting to worry that I'm going to run out of time before the tourney. I think I'm going to be taking a vacation day from work on Friday to give it one last shot. I know they're there but I'm starting to believe I have some anti-walleye funk on my boat and the only way to rid the boat of said funk is to repeatidly float it in the river for at least 6 hours at a time (longer is better). My wife thinks I can't fish but I'm going with the funk theory.

Might have to change your monniker to stilla (walleyefanatic) and that might put more fish in the boat! grin.gif Go deeper, break out the core and 3 ways and don't overlook your bait presentations now as the sheepies are starting to fall off the bite a bit.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I plan on taking a week off starting October 19th and spending time around Hudson. I have NOT fished the Croix in years although I did take 4 days off 2 weeks ago and did a little exploring. (I hit a sand bar, wrecked my prop and ruined my water pump??? $400.00 later I am back in business so don't cry for me Argentina! OK! ) Anyway, I want to know what I can expect from the Croix at this time of year. I would like to target Eyes and Silvers, but my fishin buddy is a die hard cat man! Any info you guys can give me will be gratefully appreciated? I plan to fish around Hudson or there abouts? Is the area around the Bridge still productive or should I move up or down river at that time of year???

Always was and always will be a walleyefanatic, everything else is caught by accident. The reason I'm no longer walleyefanatic is I had a little password issue and nobody on the site could help me with a new one (at least not in a timely manner) so I just changed my monniker. There will be live bait in the boat with me on Friday as I'm moving my way up river. The eight or ten hours on Friday will be devoted to the area between Stillwater and Hudson. I have five or six spots to concentrate on but I'm also going to be doing a little exploring. I've been very good to the walleye Gods all year and this weekend would be a great opportunity for them to show their appreciation.

Hey used2b, glad you cleared up the moniker for us, I was a little confused - Makes perfect sense now.

I spent yesterday afternoon out on the river with little success, one white bass and a smallie. I kept hearing about storms all morning, not too sure what happened. I was able to catch a good sunburn.

I tried jigging for quite a bit around Anderson point, across from there on the Wisco side, headed down around Catfish bar. Blank blank blank. Found lots of suspended baitfish, saw some good signs on the graph, just no takers. I dragged a poor crawler around hoping to catch some sheepies too, no luck at all. I tried everywhere from 27' to 10'. I felt really green pulling off the river.

Good luck! LB

Us2B, wan't dissin ya! I know the river can be a tough nut to crack but I also know that when the fishing is good everybody gets them. You will do fine out there this weekend. I myself boated one walleye a gar and some sheepies last year for the rat tourney but it was still a blast. Good luck to you and may our paths cross this weekend! I am hoping to get the pass to hit the Croix and fish the Rat! Good luck and tight lines!

Tunrevir~

Tunrevir, never took it as dissin. Kind of hope some rain moves in for Saturday but it sounds like sunny and 80's. Oh well, won't be the first or the last time fighting the big wakes on the Croix. I just hope that's not the only thing I'm fighting on Saturday. Regardless of the fishing success I'm sure it's going to be a great day.