• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone has heard or knows when the ramp will be open again. Was there yesterday and there was a policeman hanging out so they must be enforcing it pretty good. Thanks

No idea when it will open. I thought that they might not care about a few late night catfisherman, but I guess they do as I've heard tickets were issued recently mad.gif

Quote:

No idea when it will open. I thought that they might not care about a few late night catfisherman, but I guess they do as I've heard tickets were issued recently
mad.gif

Seriously???

What these Cities don't realize is us fisherman do have other places to spend our money. There ARE other options. If Bloomington won't let me fish on the river at night, I'll either move up or downstream to a city that will let me. Pretty simple.

A couple calls to the city would go a long way in "fixing" this matter.

They are not being consistent with the enforcement. No citations last night. Luckily.

At least the season is about wound down. I honestly think that if the patrols are fishing guys. No tix. But if they don't fish...... boink.

It sucks.... but they "Bloom" needed an area to bring all the debris from the Wind storm "80 mph" that wreeked havoc in the area....

On a side note...

When we pulled off the river in Shakopee on Friday, local PD was checking vehicles and hanging out in the parking lot. I had a real nice conversation with the officer and informed him about the break-ins earlier in the year. PD wasn't aware that vehicles had been broken into, or at least this police officer.

What was also sort of funny was he wasn't aware that people actually fished until 2,3,4 in the morning. grin.gif I told him that this parking lot was full of trucks/trailers for the better part of the summer until the wee hours of the morning.

He also told me that the PD was receiving mucho complaints about young kids drinking and loitering around by the launch, but not that school is back in session, its calmed down. I thought that was weird as I have never seen that activity down there.

Anyways... was good to finally see a friendly face at the boat launch!! Keep it up guys and keep that garbage can at the launch. The city is actually keeping it maintained which is unreal!! Good Job!!

I have met a couple officers that patrol in early AM at 35w and found same thing as Hanson. They do not know about catfishing. I have had two talks with officers after coming off of river this year. I figured they were not fisherman and gave them a little run down on what catfishing entails!

Now, park is closed and some officers feel compelled to up hold the law, but I figure a little info on what I am doing down there at 3:30 a.m. goes a long way. Way beyond getting me out of trouble at the time!