Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muddog

Katoguy

15 posts in this topic

Well how did it go?

Yes, how was it? All that 2-stroke noise was drivng me nuts yesterday. grin.gifgrin.gif

It sounded like a bunch of bees buzzing around!

Lotsa, lotsa young bass! First place was 15# 5 oz, but they were DQ'd. 13+ won (Gary Lake and son), 12+ was 2nd (Harvey Youngs & partner). It dropped from there. We just couldn't get a nice bite. We fished 2 deep spots (9-11 FOW) that didn't pan out so we stayed shallow most of the day. We had our limit in 15 minutes, but upgraded ounces at a time. I guess it was enough to make team of the year (due to the above mentioned DQ by the team that came into the day 10 points behind us).

The Ultimate Bass also had a contest yesterday and TOC today. We had a sub fish the Ultimate for us on Jefferson yesterday.

TOC for the So. MN Bass Tour was today on O'Dowds, but I elected to fish the TOC in the Ultimate Bass. Tough on Lura, too. Only managed a 2.65#er down there. Out of the top 15 only 2 limits of 5 bass were caught (7-noon) and 12.95# won with a 11+ bag getting 2nd. After that it dropped off to about 7 1/2 for 3rd. No 4 fish bags. Late July there were 8 teams weighing in over 20# sacks. I guess this cold spell really but a damper on things. I am sure they will improve by next weekend. One more contest on Lura (open tourney) Oct 6.

My partner fished O'Dowds and it sounded pretty tough there, too.

Congrats to Dick and Ed on Team of the Year in the Ultimate (winning 3 out of the 4 contests - they let us win the other grin.gif).

I was on Tetonka today and I see what you mean about small Bass. We cought a bunch, but all small.

Just a note:

The marker bouy for the shallow water on the Bar in the main lake, east side (The one all by itself) is 100yds east of where it should be. That NW wind last week must have moved it.

Hey Kato. As tough as Lura was yesterday, you guys had one heck of a season. Congrats and maybe we'll see you next year.

Congrats on 2nd yesterday. How'd you catch em? I suppose it helps keeping the old man out of the water?

Hey Kato. It was really pretty stupid. Shoot me your e-mail addy.

KatoGuy....What are the details on the October 6 Tourney? Who is running it?

Thanks

Brent Lake. 15 boats $200 entry/boat. Last I heard there was 5 openings.

hogbass at hotmail . com

What were the results from the Ultimate tournament on Jefferson?? Winning weight and big bass?? Thanks.

I wasn't on Jefferson, but Dick Schoeb and Ed Leyman won on Jefferson. BB was Dennis LeBarron with a 5.85#

I want to say Dick and Ed (winners)were right around 16 lbs.

Thanks guys. I'm a little surprised at the low weight.