• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where do you Bow Hunt??

LuciandTim

Just wondering where everyone is hunting?? I hunt in Columbus Township where I live. It is just north of Lino Lakes and West of Forest Lake.

Anyone else in the area??

Yes, I am in the area. Just East of you between Forest Lake and Wyoming. How are things by you. I am seeing some, but not like I hope to as the weather cools and the leaves drop. Not hunting this weekend either, so far just scouting. Are you on private land or public? I am on private. Best wishes.

Quote:

Yes, I am in the area. Just East of you between Forest Lake and Wyoming. How are things by you. I am seeing some, but not like I hope to as the weather cools and the leaves drop. Not hunting this weekend either, so far just scouting. Are you on private land or public? I am on private. Best wishes.

I'm hunting private land. I live on the land and know there is a ton of deer around. On the off season I do not spend anytime in the woods, maybe a walk here and there. This evening will be my first hunt as I had to work this morning. Still stuck here and growing impatient! Want to get out. My opening day stand is in an interesting spot and i'm anxious to see what I see.

Trempealeau Cty WI and Charles Mix Cty SD.

Should be in stand first night on Monday in WI. Hope to bag a doe and donate it to Pat's.

I hear you. I am at work also. I work 3x12, 7am - 7pm Fri/Sat/Sun. It kills the weekends, but I LOVE the 4 days a week off. Sounds like you may have a similar setup, or you drew the short straw and had to work a Sat too smile.gif . Openers like this are hard to sit by and wait out. Oh well, a long season and I enjoy the mid October hunts more anyway. I also hunt the land I live on so my scouting is minimal, but I do walk the woods to see whats out there. Doesn't really change much year to year, so I know what to expect, usually.

I hunt the Zimmerman,Cambridge,Milaca areas. All private. I also hunt public land by Mille Lacs a couple times. I will hunt the Zimmerman spot tonight.

Minnesota. NOt being sarcastic hear but I like to try new locations. Went duck hunting in Appleton area one year and came across a good looking public spot for dear. I was there the next weekend with the bow. Generally speaking I hunt primarily in the Albany, Motley, Staples and Oylen areas of the state.

Southeast Minnesota near Frontenac, where I grew up. Been hunting the same area for over 25 years.

I'd like to find something a little closer to home. 50 miles round trip at $3 per gallon of gas is a little too far for those quickie afternoon hunts, and the distance sometimes keeps me home when I should be out hunting.

If anyone has room for one more guy in the Mazeppa/Zumbro Falls/Pine Island/Oronoco area, drop me a line.

What's Pat's & where is it? I hunt mostly around the Long Prairie area in MN, but hunt a couple of weekends with my brother-in-law around Whitehall, WI.

Almost forgot, all private land.

I also hunt private land in Columbus City, it is no longer a township it was incorporated last year, ( I had no idea either ). Opening evening I a few deer, and took a doe. I also hunt public/private in Lino, Hugo, Becker, Cambridge and I might try Oak Grove and Sandstone sometime during this season.

Lucia, you should get in touch with me, we might be able to help each other out. my email is [email protected]. Shoot me an email if you are interested.

Zach

fishgetter,

i went to try and find the state forest on 80, 52 16 and 17 and couldnt find a single posted STATE FOREST OR STATE LAND sign so i had to turn all the way back to hunt carlose avery good thing i did get a doe at carlos. but any information of where i can find the state forest in or near preston or fountain would be good info PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.. [email protected]

I have bowhunted in Savage, Northfield, and the Zumbro Falls area on my uncles land. This year I will be hunting in Iowa for those cornfed deer. So theres at least one good thing about going to school in Iowa..resident licenses.