Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LuciandTim

Where do you Bow Hunt??

LuciandTim    0
LuciandTim

Just wondering where everyone is hunting?? I hunt in Columbus Township where I live. It is just north of Lino Lakes and West of Forest Lake.

Anyone else in the area??

gurkster    0
gurkster

Yes, I am in the area. Just East of you between Forest Lake and Wyoming. How are things by you. I am seeing some, but not like I hope to as the weather cools and the leaves drop. Not hunting this weekend either, so far just scouting. Are you on private land or public? I am on private. Best wishes.

LuciandTim    0
LuciandTim

Quote:

Yes, I am in the area. Just East of you between Forest Lake and Wyoming. How are things by you. I am seeing some, but not like I hope to as the weather cools and the leaves drop. Not hunting this weekend either, so far just scouting. Are you on private land or public? I am on private. Best wishes.

I'm hunting private land. I live on the land and know there is a ton of deer around. On the off season I do not spend anytime in the woods, maybe a walk here and there. This evening will be my first hunt as I had to work this morning. Still stuck here and growing impatient! Want to get out. My opening day stand is in an interesting spot and i'm anxious to see what I see.

UGUIDE    0
UGUIDE

Trempealeau Cty WI and Charles Mix Cty SD.

Should be in stand first night on Monday in WI. Hope to bag a doe and donate it to Pat's.

gurkster    0
gurkster

I hear you. I am at work also. I work 3x12, 7am - 7pm Fri/Sat/Sun. It kills the weekends, but I LOVE the 4 days a week off. Sounds like you may have a similar setup, or you drew the short straw and had to work a Sat too smile.gif . Openers like this are hard to sit by and wait out. Oh well, a long season and I enjoy the mid October hunts more anyway. I also hunt the land I live on so my scouting is minimal, but I do walk the woods to see whats out there. Doesn't really change much year to year, so I know what to expect, usually.

USPENAMC    0
USPENAMC

i took a doe on carlos by east bethel at 9:30 am today 40 yards

maros91    0
maros91

I hunt the Zimmerman,Cambridge,Milaca areas. All private. I also hunt public land by Mille Lacs a couple times. I will hunt the Zimmerman spot tonight.

Roamer    0
Roamer

Minnesota. NOt being sarcastic hear but I like to try new locations. Went duck hunting in Appleton area one year and came across a good looking public spot for dear. I was there the next weekend with the bow. Generally speaking I hunt primarily in the Albany, Motley, Staples and Oylen areas of the state.

sodajerk    0
sodajerk

Southeast Minnesota near Frontenac, where I grew up. Been hunting the same area for over 25 years.

I'd like to find something a little closer to home. 50 miles round trip at $3 per gallon of gas is a little too far for those quickie afternoon hunts, and the distance sometimes keeps me home when I should be out hunting.

If anyone has room for one more guy in the Mazeppa/Zumbro Falls/Pine Island/Oronoco area, drop me a line.

HootTooten    0
HootTooten

I hunt in the woods! wink.gif

HootTooten    0
HootTooten

Just kidding. I bow hunt near Crosby,MN. Private.

fishgetter    0
fishgetter

I hunt down by Forestville- Preston area. S.E. Minnesota

bass-o-matic    0
bass-o-matic

UGUIDE, where in Trempealeau Cty do you hunt? Somewhere near Arcadia with the Pat's reference??

bigbucks    6
bigbucks

What's Pat's & where is it? I hunt mostly around the Long Prairie area in MN, but hunt a couple of weekends with my brother-in-law around Whitehall, WI.

Almost forgot, all private land.

ZDavidMiller    0
ZDavidMiller

I also hunt private land in Columbus City, it is no longer a township it was incorporated last year, ( I had no idea either ). Opening evening I a few deer, and took a doe. I also hunt public/private in Lino, Hugo, Becker, Cambridge and I might try Oak Grove and Sandstone sometime during this season.

Lucia, you should get in touch with me, we might be able to help each other out. my email is ZDMILLER@stthomas.edu. Shoot me an email if you are interested.

Zach

USPENAMC    0
USPENAMC

fishgetter,

i went to try and find the state forest on 80, 52 16 and 17 and couldnt find a single posted STATE FOREST OR STATE LAND sign so i had to turn all the way back to hunt carlose avery good thing i did get a doe at carlos. but any information of where i can find the state forest in or near preston or fountain would be good info PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.. penasoccer@yahoo.com

EatSleepFish    0
EatSleepFish

Lease land, Floodwood

USPENAMC    0
USPENAMC

huhhhh... he he he someone help me break the code

st.croixfishin    0
st.croixfishin

I have bowhunted in Savage, Northfield, and the Zumbro Falls area on my uncles land. This year I will be hunting in Iowa for those cornfed deer. So theres at least one good thing about going to school in Iowa..resident licenses.