Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrusia7

Lake Vermilion bait options

3 posts in this topic

Annual trip coming up soon and I'm looking for some bait options. We will be up Friday 9/28 early AM and are staying at End of the Trail Lodge. Two years ago the area shops did not have much of a selection. Last year we ended up driving to Gander Mountain in Duluth. The bait was great but it was out of the way. (we're coming from Rochester) I'm looking for 30 dozen shiners and 30 dozen fat heads that are decent size. Would like to patronize the local shops but need the commitment on quantity and size. Does anybody have a line on a local wholesaler or bait shop they would recommend? Any input would be appreciated.

Let me know what size shiners you are looking for, as well as the fathead/chubs. I'll see what I can do for you, email me from my web-site or give me a call and I'll let you know. Shouldn't be problem, the only thing I'll say is that the size varies and I can't control that.

Try Lake Vermilion Trading Comapany in Cook. Mark has a great Sporting Goods store there with both bait, great homemade lunch specials to boot!!!

Doug