Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN Rick

Buzzbait Recommendations

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for any recommendations on in-line buzzbaits. I had one about 6" long with a bucktail skirt and single trebble hook I used last year but a large pike decided he wanted it more than I did (entirely his idea). Have not been able to find any at the usual places (Bass Pro or Cabellas). Gander Mountain, I discovered, does not have a catalog nor internet tackle sales!

I've searched the web but no joy yet.

I've found them at Dick's sporting goods throughout the metro area. Try reeds sporting goods as well. And yes, gander discontinued their catalog, why????? I think its because more people shop online than by mail-order.

I cannot think of any good brands of inline buzzbaits off the top of my head. I have alwasys used the regular buzzbaits.

To answer Vister. Gander is working on a new catalog. They ran out of warehouse space for the old catalog and are starting up a new warehouse. The catalog should be back up and running before walleye opener.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on the inline buzzbait question. I know I have had a hard time finding anything through our wholesalers at the store.

I'd check a few muskie sites like Thorne Brothers, Paskika's, or Smokies.

Thanks for the help. I can't remember where I got the original, but it may have been at Gander Mountain. I am planning a trip to MN in OCT so will stop by one somewhere along the way.

Have found a few we sites that may prove fruitful as well.

I used a single blade offset white buzzbait this year with excellent results. I tried the inline one and lost it to a huge Pike on the first cast! All this work to find another bait and I probably won't catch a fish on it! Will be fun trying though.

You folks in MN and Canada have some awsome fishing and we certainly enjoy it there.