Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
USPENAMC

WHAT BROADHEADS- last minute question

USPENAMC

i will going out today to buy some broadheads and do some last minute tunning with them. everything is shooting right on now its time to see if my broadheads will be dead on too.

i was wondering on your opinions of which ones to go for.

i was actually looking into getting something with FIXED BLADES as a rookie i dont want to mess anything up at least right now. But if i find people responding positively to any certain blade i might have to take a look im looking at 100 grain since thats the weight ive been using for my field points.

USPENAMC

i heard good things about the GRIMREAPERS although they are mechanical im looking into them

bottomdweller

I shoot thunderhead 100s. Been shooting them for 15 years. Leave a nice blood trail. Muzzys are good too.

Whatever you go with, keep them sharp.

Good luck to you.

harvey lee

I would make sure you purchase the same grain broadhead as your field points. I have shot Muzzy's for years, like 10-12. Thats the 3 blade ones not the 4. I have heard of many troubles for some with the 4 blade as far as accuracy.

If your looking for mechinal ones, many have told me they like the new Rage.

lunker651

I like slick tricks, if your bow is tuned right it should fly exactly like your field points, I know mine does.

so haaad

Both Muzzy and Thunderhead have had 3-blade products on the market for a long time. They have changed their design very little, which should tell you something about their quality.

DooWap

You've opened up the floodgates on this topic, everyone will have their own opinion. However, like it's been said, Muzzy's and Thunderheads are tried and true. There are a lot of gimics out there so watch out for that. However as far as more recent additions ot the broadhead market, Montecs by G5 are awesome, I started using them a couple years ago and they fly great and are nasty. Best part is that they are a once piece construction so they are solid and cut on contact.

DonBo

I gotta say (and I know this will start an argument) this late in the season if you haven't shot broadheads yet you should go with expandables. There is no guarantee that a fixed blade head will fly the same as your field tips. Expandables of the same weight SHOULD fly the same so you won't have to change your sights.

If you don't plan on hunting this weekend you may still have time to play with broadheads. I agree with the Muzzy, Thunderheads for fixed blade. Grim Reaper, Steelhead for expandables.

Good Luck!

Powerstroke

I would say that for the beginner a good cut on contact head should be the first choice. Yes you should have been using broadheads already, but if you get a couple and try them out today you should be fine.

3-blade Muzzy, Slick Trick and Thunderheads are all good heads. I started 2 years ago ans have used the Magnus Stinger 4-blade and the G5 strikers. The Stingers worked great and I killed a buck with those. I really like the G5 though. Its my new head and I can't wait to take one with those. They are wicked sharp and fly fantastic.

Go to the store and buy 2 or 3 sets of broadheads. Try them out shooting a couple groups with each. Find the ones you like best with your setup and call it good. You can keep the other ones or return them. Go home and practice a bit more just to be sure.

If they fly the same then it doesn't matter how many shots you take with broadheads. The important thing is you know that if you shooot FT's or BH's that they hit the same. That confidence transfers into the field.

Antler_Creek_Taxidermy

I would check out Slick Tricks. They are a 4 bladed fixed blade broadhead that fly exactly like a field point. I've been using them for a coulpe years now and they leave a very good blood trail and the deer and bear that we have shot don't go far. Whatever broadhead you choose makesure it's a newer short "compact" style of broadhead. The older style of broadheads with the long cutting edges, are like adding a big set of wings to the front of your arrow and can sometimes throw off your accuracy .

USPENAMC

i looked at the box that was sold to me with accessories for the bow and i found two packages or 3 mechanichal broadheads the name of them are EASTMAN OUTDOORS STS-3 TITANIUM they are mechanical blades and are brand new. I tried one several times and it hit right on the money what do you all think. I think one will kill as good as the next as long as a shot is right on the vitals.

koonie

WASP! Get the Boss Bullet and don't look back.

xedge2002

I know this is a little late but I shoot Montec G-5's. I haven't shot a deer with them yet but they fly great! I went out today and was shooting tighter groups with my broadheads then I have been with my field points.

USPENAMC

the eastmans did the job went through the left side heart and lungs and came out the right shoulder blade one blade broke off. i think i hit the spinal column too

DonBo

Well, congrats on that first deer! You are right, most any broadhead placed in the vitals will do the job. Way to go!

frogtosser

I stuck one with the monotecs and it made a great entry wound and went straight through.

Scott M

Another thing about muzzy or thunderhead...you can get them almost anywhere. Let's say I forget my Plano box with all my arrow tips, tools, allen wrenches, etc when I traveled somewhere on a hunting trip. I could go to a walmart, hardware store, sporting goods store and be relatively assured they would have some muzzys or thunderheads and my hunt could go on.