Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fishin_for_the_Family

Pool #4 help

Fishin_for_the_Family

Hi all... I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on this forum. My family and I have just moved to Lake City from Idaho and I have been having fun trying out some new water. I have stayed in the main pool of Lake Pepin for the most part but I'm ready to expand my search... Even though there are allot of fish to catch right here.

I would love to keep my lower unit attached to my outboard and wanted to see if anyone has any insight to those wing dams down by Wabasha... Any tips besides gluing my eyes to my depth finder and check out things real slowly? Are they marked and maybe how deep are they? Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks Rob

harvey lee

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota and Hot Spot Outdoors. great to have you with us. smile.gif I will let some that have been there more than I to answer your questions.

Mike Walerak

A good map chip for your GPS will have them marked. Navionics has a good map for the river.

You can also download the river maps from USACE or buy the entire book.

mw

HellaBass

Many of the wing dams are marked by the red & green channel buoys. But here are the guidelines:

#1 Not every buoy is marking a wing dam

#2 Not every wing dam is marked with a buoy

#3 Man of the chutes off the main channel have closing dams across the face of them, some are deep, some very shallow

#4 You are pretty much safe between the buoys, about the only thing to hit in the main channel is floating debris

#5 No matter how good of paper map or map chip you have, it will not have all the wing dams shown

So take it slow when you are outside the main channel buoys. Also, you can often see wing dams if it is not too windy by studying the current breaks, it is usually best to approach a wing dam from down stream, that way if its too shallow the current pushes you off of it, rahter then on to it wink.gif

Also there is a Map Book of SE MN that has pretty decent river maps that show many of the Wing dams and closing dams

Fishin_for_the_Family

Thank you all for your responses... How is the current on average? Would an average electric trolling motor be strong enough to hold you in place. I'm used to the Snake River pushing you downstream if I would get to close the edge of an eddy, even on full thrust, and having to be careful not to run into huge submerged rocks as I'm pushed downstream? I'm just trying to be prepared... Thanks again Rob

HellaBass

The current and flow is very slow right now

Fishin_for_the_Family

Thanks again for the info....

Rob