Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SM River Rat

Open Seat for Friday Night 9/14

7 posts in this topic

I'll be hitting Mille to do some night trolling tomorrow night. I have the boat and all the trolling equipment. I also have an open seat in my boat if anyone is interested in joining me and sharing gas expense from Elk River? I plan to leave ER around 4:00 pm.

Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested: trtigges@charter.net

I'd love to hop in but I'm guiding down here all weekend, starting with some pre-fishing this afternoon and evening. Have fun!

I'd love for you to join me also Team Otter, I know we've crossed wakes out there a few times! The seat is filled for tonight, but we will have to hook up another time over the next 2+ months.

I have to say, it will definately feel good, to have the tiller in one hand and the trolling rod in the other. We're planning to go out of the windy side tonight--if the wind lets us.

Enjoy your guide trips, I know you work hard putting your clients on fish!

I hope you did well. The bite down here was tough yesterday. Hopefully today they change their mind.

Still a few openings in October. smirk.gif

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier or I would have jumped at it. If you do it again on a Friday night, let me know.

Sandmannd, between now and ice up, I’ll be going up almost every Friday and Saturday night, send a note to my email address above.

Not much to report from our Friday night trip to Mille Lacs. We cut our trip short and only trolled for approximately ½ hour before sunset and ½ hour after sunset. The wind was definitely doing its job, it was blowing from the NW into the east side rocks. I chose the east side specifically for this reason, as I've had my best early fall trolling bite on the east side rocks when the wind is blowing from across the lake. This usually pushes the bait fish up onto the rocks, as was the case Friday night, the seagulls were picking off small bait fish approximately 2" from the top of the reef.

Water temp Friday night was 62 degrees when we came off the lake at 8:30. As the temps were dropping fast, I expect it went down to 60 or below by Saturday morning.

Brian thanks for joining me Friday night, I truly enjoyed your company and conversation!

I am still not feeling the greatest, So must have been the food. grin.gif