Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redneckeyeguy

alma fishing float

6 posts in this topic

a buddy of mine told me about the alma float and because i am going to the inlaws this weekend i thought i might give it a try. can anybody tell me about it. like price? do i need to get a wi fishing liences or is my mn one good because it must be on the river. and what do i need to bring

I was there this spring numerous times and I believe that the fee was fifteen dollars per person. Yes, your MInnesota license is good on the float. As far as food they have a small cafe on the float with eggs, bacon, toast and coffee. They also have sandwiches and drink. Bathrooms are also on the float. They also have landing nets and some tackle there.

You will need your fishing gear. The pick-up is on the Wisc. side along the east shoreline. from the main street going through town, go west 1 block and its a little blacktop with a cyclone fence along the river side. Towards the south end of the fence you will see a small sign and if you go through the opening in the fence you will go down the bank to a small bench. they will pick you up with their boat and take you to the float. When you want to go back to shore, just let them know and away you will go.

If you cannot find the street with the cyclone fence, go to the gas station in town and they will direct you from there as its only blocks. Its a fun place to fish.

Is the water temp dropping enough to get the walleyes going?

Looks like they gave a good breakfast too. Just saw a special on the Food Channel about the floats breakfast. I think they called it the "Mess". And the fishing looked productive too. Good luck to you.

Has anyone been there recently?

I was there, but I didnt fish ... I walked to it from the MN side... People seem to do okay with whitebass and saugers... I also saw a big strugeon caught within the 30 minutes that I was there....

So bascially, yeah, it is worth giving it a try...

Update us with your results.