Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mascad

Grouse opener?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 1st time poster. Will be going grouse hunting for the first time Saturday and was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots around Hinckley. I was planning on going to the St. Croix St. Forest but was told there were way too many ATV's going through there. Thanks.

Welcome to FM!

I would hunt east of Askove!

There is state land I used to hunt 15 plus years ago. I hunted it with my grandpa, but we did get some birds with out a dog!

Have fun and good luck!

mascad-I'll be there Sat. morning. Ya, their will be alot of ATV's. If you want to walk trails, I'd suggest finding someplace else. If you aren't planning on trail walking, you could be O.K.

Welcome to the forum!

You might want to check with someone at the DNR forestry section. ATVS are banned in certain state forests. If ATV's are running around it will be impossile to hunt, plus its the weekend. Find edges of woods where there is young aspen and older woods, any type of fruit, nuts or berries is a plus. If there is some low areas near this hunt the edges. Once you see where they are you can get a pattern and hunt accordingly.

Great info!

I would throw a little water in there and you are good to go!

Thanks, I might try that area. I do have a dog, a 2 yr old chocolate lab. He caught on pretty quick to pheasant hunting last year, and I'm hoping he can help me bag some grouse.

Anyone know anything about Nemadji or Solana St. Forests?