Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idratherbefishing

Anyone fishing the Brian Lickness Memorial Walleye Tournament on Lake Sarah

21 posts in this topic

Any FMers signed up for the Brian Lickness Memorial Walleye Tournament on Lake Sarah on Sunday Sept 23?

Is that the tourney put on by the SW MN fishing club? I did not know it is a memorial. That's pretty cool, though.

Personally, I will not be there. I'll be driving home from the twin cities. Good luck to ya, Bill.

yes it is put on by the swmn fishing club

Are there a lot of boats signed up? I am planning on going... should we sign up now or can we take care of it on Sunday morning?

it's getting pretty close to full..50 boats max due to the dnr permit fee..u can send your registration fee to South West Minnesota Fishing Club/P.O. Box 4/Worthinton, MN 56187 or if you have any questions call 507-360-3973 or 507-360-8565 and leave a message..also the tourny will start at 7:30 now instead of 7:00 because of dnr regulations

I'd be there if it were on Sat., but Sunday I have to drive to Lincoln... frown.gif

LBSPORTSMEN, I was gonna call you last night. I want to fish this tourny in a bad way. I cant find anyone that can fish this sunday. I almost wish that I could fish by myself but that really doesnt work well. As of yesterday there were only two openings left. Catch ya later!

I heard today the tourney is full.

Should be a good tourney! Hopefully the fish will cooperate! The Southwest Minnesota Fishing Club does a good job. This tournament is a great way to remember and honor a fellow fisherman who passed away at a young age.

Yup I'll be there, anytime I get a free Guide Trip from Bill It's tough not to pass,

Quote:

Yup I'll be there, anytime I get a free Guide Trip from Bill It's tough not to pass,

Are you talking about the same guy I know? i'd really like to be there but im not sure i'll have time. Good luck to all participating.

Sounds like it is going to be a good turnout. I missed the Mini tournament last weekend (doesn't sound like I missed much) due to a wedding. Now missing this tournament due to work. Should be good fishing though... I have been into them in several places. I am also hearing of some monsters being caught. The old Bow and shot gun are going to have to wait another month or so! grin.gif

LBSPORTEMEN - Give me a call when you have a minute. Cell is 507-227-0904. Thanks

Any results from the tournament?

If I recall there were 9 boats that weighed eyes, a few hogs around the 9 pound mark hit the scale. I'm not from the area so I cant remeber the names of who won, but they did it with one fish that was 28 inches. There sure are some nice fish in that lake. Gotta give thanks to my partner for putting us in the money. I will definately be back for next years tourney and maybe a little more prepared. The club does a great job with this, one of the more relaxed and organized events Ive seen.

Here is a photo of the 27 incher that we had to release during the tournament because we already had our one fish over 20 inches which was 22in. The fish caught up on Sarah were plump and healthy. Should be a great lake this fall. [image]RyanHunt27inchWalleye.jpg[/image]

The winners of the tourney were Terry and Scott Langland from Worthington,Mn. Terry told me they had one fish that was 29" and weighed 9.25 lb. They caught it trolling. He said Travis Frazee and partner from Worthington had one fish that weighed 9lb. to take second place. They caught that one casting shoreline.

Did you get in the money with that 22" fish idratherbefishing? Too bad you didn't catch mama first. She certainly does look like a Sarah walleye though.

we came in 6th with one fish at 4.20 lbs. It is too bad we didn't catch the bigger one first but oh well, we had a good time! The SW MN Fishing Club puts on a great event and it was sure a nice way to remember the young man who passed away this summer. His family was all there at the weigh in and they presented a beautiful traveling trophy made by one of the family members to the winning team.

looks like the free guide service finally paid off but i see whos in the picture which means that bill was only along for the boat ride.

Well ya he did put me onto a nice fish, but he was the one that secured our spot in the weigh in so I have to give him credit for that, the Southwest Club does do a great job and I will definately be back next year, might drag the boat down for a spare though, never know when you might need a spare boat, lol

just wondering if there is any other tournaments that the swmn fishing club puts on through out the year. i was going to fish the tournament the weekend but something came up but now that i am living back in swmn i would like to fish a few more tournaments.

congrads to everyone who fished the tourney on sarah