Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calli4120

Looking for suggestions on sleeper Ice house rentals

3 posts in this topic

**I posted this in the ice fishing section but was given the suggestion to post it in the regional sections for better ideas.***

I'm planning a hard water fishing trip for me and 5-7 friends. I'm looking for advice or suggestions on places to go. We are in the cities and expect to make a roadtrip out of it and would like to go a little farther then Milacs. I've been thinking about Winni, Vermilion, or Rainy although Devils Lake in ND is an option but may be out of our price range. I would like to keep the cost fairly low as some of the guys, including myself, have families with young children and are on a pretty tight budget. Its probably going to be a 3 day trip with 2 nights spent on the ice. A couple of guys are going to bring their portables for some mobile day time fishing.

Now that I have kind of given you an overview of our plans, where are good places to go? Where have you stayed and had good experiences? Does anyone offer a single house large enough to sleep 5-8 guys?

I have checked out some of the sponsors that help with this site and even though I would like to help support them, I don't want to limit my choices to just them. This may become an annual event for us so I'm hoping to find just the right place.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Hi Adam!! We are actually the only resort on Lake Winnie that offers sleeper fish houses. We have several different styles that accommodates groups of 4-8. We plow roads out on the ice and offer a lodge, restaurant and cocktail bar. We also have shower facilities available. Weekends tend to fill quickly - do you have any dates in mind and I would be happy to check availability and put together a package price for you. You may check out our website at www.highbanks.com or contact me at 800-365-2560. Thanks!!

calli4120,highbanks have nice sleepers parked on the lake. we go out of highbanks all the time. they are great hosts and are not afraid to tell you where the fish are. we dont spend the nite as we have a cabin close. stopped in for a brew or 2 got to know the owners, great people. iwould recommend them to anyone.