Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craigums

Bass Fishing Guides

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know any guides that are very good at the pig and jig? I would like to learn more about this technique and am willing to take a trip out on a lake...However is it a little late in the season for this technique?

No way, I catch fish on a jig&pig the entire season. Fall can be exceptionally good for largemouths. Fishing around wood and remaining green weeds in fall have produced some of my biggest catches. Blach and blue have always been my go to colors. My 2cents. Good luck, Mike

Craigums... If your willing to take a little drive.. give Wayne Ek.. of Agape Guides a call...the dude is a great guy, a great teacher and willing to share his love of fishing! And a durn good stick on a jig pig! Wayne is over in the Alex area and will not only teach you how to toss a jig, but probably stick you on a few nice fish in the process!

Sheeesh, black and blue, in the fall? Yeah, I tell all of my friends that, when I show up black and blue......"I Fell" Both of these guys know the fish they are after and do a good job of putting them in the boat.

Sorry Mike, Couldn't resist!~

Tunrevir~

I really only throw a couple of colors of Jig-Pig... I would say I throw some shade of Pumpkin about 70& of the time.. the other 30% is Black Blue... But at all times, I have a Jig tied on.. from ice out(legally) till ice on!

Quote:

Craigums... If your willing to take a little drive.. give Wayne Ek.. of Agape Guides a call...the dude is a great guy, a great teacher and willing to share his love of fishing! And a durn good stick on a jig pig! Wayne is over in the Alex area and will not only teach you how to toss a jig, but probably stick you on a few nice fish in the process!

I second that. No doubt, Wayne is one of the best.

Thanks for the kind words guy's. I'm with Mr. D. one of the pumpkin colors most of the time and the next choice is Black/Brown/Amber (Stike King's No.23) then Black/Blue. Almost time for the Fall Crawl to start!

If you want to fish Minnetonka, give Greg a call at Minnetonka Outdoors. He knows all the good spots on that lake.