Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lowblazah

River Walleye guys

12 posts in this topic

What do most of you use for presentation when fishing the river for walleyes? Are you trolling with Cranks? Lindy rigs? never really boat fished the river for walleyes before. Caught many from shore with twisters and odd throw jigs, but mainly curious to hear how you do it from boat.

My first choice are 3" white or yellow Mister Twisters set on a 1/8 oz jig ...from a boat or off shore. Live fatheads on a heavier jig head are a good choice also.

Soon!

Also got to get down and do the fall trout sneak n cast too grin.gif

I like 3-5" twister tails in Chart. color and ocassionally white and yellow. Creekchubs later in the fall too. It is coming fast.

There's walleyes in the river?

How about #5 or #7 Rapala in FireTiger trolled along shorelines between 1.8 and 2.8 MPH just ticking the bottom... grin.gif

1/8 - 3/8 oz jig head with a fathead minnow and vertical jigging. They seem to like gold and green colored jigs the best.

Quote:

White tipped carp actually grin.gif

Quote:

grin.gif

Do you have to be careful not to get "stung" from them there walleyes???

Someone brought this to my attention recently, and I thought I would ask you people. Have you caught pike in the river lately, I used to catch them all the time years ago, I havent caught one in the last 5 years. Maybe I am not fishing them right, I havent targeted them on purpose. What have you guys noticed?

They are there and biting...primarily in slack water areas...we caught a 33" early august. A couple other smaller ones too. Havent been targeting them much lately. Seem to have the best luck with spinning lures.

Earlier in the year my buddy caught a 7 1/2 pounder (didnt get the length, it was the heat of summer and wanted to return the fish). He caught it near chaska on a pixie sp?.

I caught a 3 1/2 pounder the week after the "opener". First one I had seen in quite a while, used to catch more it seems..........ahhhh the good ole' days! laugh.gif