Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oneeye

FALL EYES

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody has been having any luck catching those fall eyes? Been out a couple of times on elysian and Madison no luck yet.Wondering if anybody has any helpful info to try.Thanks

oneeye,

You're not alone but things should change soon. For me, it's been quite a bit of "here and there" lately but by Monday I should know more. smirk.gif

T.O, how has the bite been, I havent been walleye fishing, or crappie fishing for awhile, I need to get out soon. Have you been having any good luck?

The crappie fishing is still decent but the schools aren't as tight as they have been. The 'eye fishing came to a complete stop for me yesterday. Never saw one come in the boat. Hopefully today will be better.

Water temps from last Sunday to today on Washington have dropped ten degrees. Got skunked today, after having some luck last Sunday.

Nice to put a stake in the recreation traffic so I can get back off the river and back on some of the area lakes...I would imagine we have some very good days in the next couple of weeks through fall.....

jk

Fished all day today and found the early morning to be the best.2 eyes 15&17 a 5 pound northern a bass, a couple crappies,a couple of carp hooked by the tail(good fights). Pearl white shad deep runner is the lure they seem to like lately.Water temps about 60.

Definitely some good days ahead. The fish had changed from yesterday to today as far as grouping and aggression. The big boom is right around the corner. As for water temperature, yes, big swings there too. Mid to low 60's is what I have seen the last few days.

Thanks T.O., I wont be able to get out until early next week, hopefully by then their patterns changed. I have been layed up do to a couple surgeries this spring and summer, the few times I did get out, in between surgeries I had good luck. I think I am healthy enough to spend a couple evenings/ early nights on the waters now, in search of some action, I was thinking of hitting, either lura, or tetonka, or something in that area. Any recent reports good or bad on these spots?

Solid bite on Tetonka. Check my report titled "Forcing the Issue" if you haven't already.