Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rivernut

Little Falls

6 posts in this topic

Heading up Thursday and/or Friday. Wondering if Tourpro or anyone else will be in the area. Going solo, so I have an open seat!

Rivernut,

I live in Randall and work in little Falls. Fish the miss very often this time of year for smallmouth and walleye's. I have been out 4 times in the past week and half, and let me tell you you are comming up at about the perfect time. they are bitting like crazy. 20-40 fish afternoons have been the norm. Have still been getting quite a few little fish but they are getting bigger with every trip.

good luck.

Thats good to hear ANYFISH, Looks like tommorrow for sure. This is my annual Sept. week off, and I always make time for LF. Put in at Lindbergh, and fish that area. Any certain presentations you cars to share? I generally fish plastics and do well, with jig and fatties for the backup plan. Thanks for the info and if you see a white Starcraft w/Merc. tiller on it stop by and say hi! Mike

Rivernut,

I know they are very spendy but I would suggest pulling a lindy and redtail. The smallmouth and walleye's can't seem to turn them down. I like crankbaits as well casted up against shore, as this is the only time I can successfully catch fish with them.

The area around the access has been good as of late (second hand info).

Was out near Lindbergh from 9-3. Fishing was good. The smallies cooperated nicely. Walleyes were few and far between. Redtails/jigs were a killer presentation until they ran out. Fatheads did not work near as well. Plastics worked well. Fun day.

Was out Sat. from 830 to 130. The walleyes cooperated nicely. Caught several between 14-18"s. Along w/some really nice smallies and a real nice pike, 34"s and thick. Jig/redtail caught all the 'eye's, the smallies liked the smaller minnows. The 'eye's really wanted the BIIGGGG ones. Only one out there fishing the area, life is very good.