Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Walleyedan's Guide Service

13 posts in this topic

After a brutal morning of 100 mph winds and cold air (and 1 walleye), things changed tonight. I had a man from Tennessee out on Gull and we did well. We ended up catching some nice fish, with the biggest being 29 inches. We also had a few in the 20 inch category and a number smaller. We Lindy Rigged all afternoon with chubs in 20-36 fet of water. The big momma ran and ran and after we landed her we took a few photos and released her in awesome shape. Caught her on a Viking Rig!

Walleyedan

Dan I have to ask...What is a "Viking Rig"? Something purple and gold I assume.

I can't hardly take it! Only 9 days to go...

Dan, I'll give you a ring next Thursday or Friday.

Krats,

Purple #4 Gamakatsu and a yellow walking sinker.

Hope all is well,

Walleyedan

Thanks Dan, I was just curious.

Going up to Wabedo and Little Boy on Saturday for a M.I. outing. I have not been out muskie fishing since I broke my collar bone in July. I am anxious to see how the plate and screws the doc put in me holds up.

Keep drowning those minnows.

Brett

Krats,

Good luck, hope the screws hold up maybe bring a screwdriver in the case you tie into the big momma. The minnows haven't had a chance to drown. I had my biggest of the year on Tuesday, a awesome 29 incher on the Viking Rig. The bite has been good, but the wind has been bad!

Take care,

Dan

Hey Dan, sorry it took so long to post this. Tom and I had a fantastic time fishing w/you on 9/8. We ended up having a great week and time up there. We knew nothing of the lake and your expertise worked that day and we continued to use your hints/ways and pointers you graciously offered to have one great week on Gull. Again a big THANX, and so everyone knows, WalleyeDan does a great job in guiding/finding and giving advice/pointers.

Rick Brown

Hi Rick,

I had fun fishing with you two and I'm happy you had a good week, hope the ladies did too. Hope to see you again someday. We have moved into our own shop. Next time you are up make sure you stop in. We are located across from the water slide in Nisswa. We will be open for business very soon.

Thanks,

Walleyedan

Dan,

Are you going to have bait, licenses, tackle, snacks, etc. at your new shop?

Thanks,

Bhs

We were fishing the channle by Zorbazz under neith the the bridge and we nabed a 29 and 3/4 on a white bucktail it was the biggest wallye that I have seen caught since I caught my 13 lbs in 8th grade in duluth

Still trying to figure out the whole program, not quite sure at this point.

Walleyedan

Good Afternoon Dan.. Talked with you last Saturday at the gas station by Breezy pt... Your recomendations of were to fish and what to use helped. Thanks, We headed to the smaller lake you suggested north of 371. Did not have much luck. Your second suggestion on Pelican worked out, The 4 of us fished until 4am and did well trolling in 7 ft of water. I believe we caught 20+ walleyes and missed just as many.(It is amazing you can miss that many with treble hooks)All around 17 to 22 inches. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and to do that so freely. We will certainly keep you in mind when we plan or large company fishing outing in 2008 at Cragun's. We have used Dan and many of his guides for our company trips to Cragun's and I would highly recommend all of them... Dan truely wants you to enjoy fishing and it is not all about the money.. Thanks again

Dan is a heck of a nice guy, and a good guide too. I haven't seen a whole lot of him lately, but I still use many of his recommendations and techniques. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, and continue to provide the area with great information, and guide service.