• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

terrova US2 depth finder recommendations

delcecchi

Question

I got a Terrova with US2 this summer (old trolling motor died). It looks like it is sort of tuned for humminbird even though it is "universal"

Does anyone have any experience with different brands of depthfinders for use with the US2? I was thinking either Lowrance or Humminbird. I recall that back in the day, Humminbird was sort of junky, but I don't know if that is still true.

3 answers to this question

I don't have the Terrova, but I run the PowerDrive V2 with US2 connected to a Lowrance LMS-520c and it works great up in the bow.

I run a Humminbird 585c off of my Powerdrive US2. I couldn't be more happy.

I realize alot of guys are stuck on their Lowrance units, personally I just never liked them.

Once you compare apples to apples, if you look at the different brands in the same price range, there's not much difference.

Say they are both good finders. Humminbird has come along way in the last 2-3 years, Lowrance makes a great unit but have you ever tried getting through to their customer service. It's terrrible. I vote for the Humminbird.